Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Aah, makes sense. Good to know :thumbsup: The one website I stumbled, while previewing Club Brugge EL match mid week (which they unfortunately lost) speculated that Lang picked up an injury on his knee. I guess COVID is a better scenario all things considered... no long-term impact (hopefully).

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I guess that conversation with Kist has had an immediate impact on Boadu. Nothing like a good kick in the but from the team’s all-time top scorer. You love to see it.

I’ve always liked Boadu, even when he got a dip in form I’ve said that he can’t just suddenly lose the class he has shown last year. It’s mostly a mental thing with these guys.

He still has the most potential for being the best Dutch striker imo. Malen has somewhat lost steam and Zahavi has taken over the biggest scoring load for PSV atm. Hope Malen gets it together though.

wilson00 repped this.
  3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am reading that Nigeria is trying to persuade Danjuma to switch allegiance. Under the new FIFA rule, if I understood correctly, a player has to play 3 competitive matches before their choice is locked. Danjuma has been only been capped twice by Oranje NT. Interesting development.

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this absolutely can not happen.

5. They try it with any player that sort of can play for them, even with u15 youth talents. It's pityful and not delivering them anything.
    Quality players donot go that route and certainly donot want the hassle of the African Cup schedule, if these have the opportunity to play for a top Euro nation.

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure Affelay is the right person to lecture anyone

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

And he continues with another master class.

Jpows repped this.
  10. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    At this point FdB is either the embodiment of incompetence or Babel and co. have something on him.

Danjuma is looking very sharp and has been consistent for a while now. Surely he’e a better option than Babel and Promes. I’d definitely take him over Berghuis as well.

Then again there are several players who deserve to be on that list based on merit and not this ridiculous built-up credit BS. If you’re better right now then you should be called up. Simple as.

Don’t even know what credit Babel or Promes have built up since they’ve been bang average for a while now. Smh.

wilson00 repped this.
  11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I looked up Danjuma's stats.... he's sizzling hot in past 2+ months. Since late February, he's played 90 minutes is all 8 league matches, registering 5 goals and 3 assists (collecting 3 MoTM awards in the process).

The not-so-good news is that Bournemouth practically have an improbable chance to get an automatic promotion with only 7 matches left. Though they are within distance to be able to participate in the the promotion play-off.

If Bournemouth fail to move up to the big boy league, Danjuma is essentially auditioning for his new club at the moment. It would be awful if he is stuck at the lower-league again for another year.

And of course, the elephant-in-the-room is whether he stays with Oranje, or go to the Nigeria route. :whistling:

Jpows repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weghorst scored again today.

I hope FdB feels the heat and calls him up for next friendlies

13. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Weghorst with another goal today, even though they ultimately lost. He’s doing what a striker is supposed to do while Luuk de Bench is scoreless in his last 5 games and has an amazing total of 4 league goals this season.

This has to be personal at this point. Weghorst probably doing his utmost best not to berate FdB when he is presented with the question of his continual omission. He can’t even make a case for Luuk de Limited cause the latter can’t finish to save his life at his club. Smh.

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Danjuma with another double for Bournemouth taking his tally now 13 goals. He should have been selected in the last qualifers.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But thats in the Championship league though. Its pretty rare players ever get selected from that tier

16. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How many times you have said this. It all about how you play and not where you play. The Turkish side that beat NT 4-2 had players whom were selected as low as from Ligue 2 , le Havre and bundasliga 2 Dusseldorfer Fortuna.

You are correct in one-way though that its very rare players get selected in NT playing out of lower leagues and clubs. The is because the selectors simply want to put a high bench mark come selection regardless of form and character and so that it looks good on paper. This has always being the case and the benefit of doubt factor is always reserved to mostly ajax players who usually get to play at the highest level or have played there. The only time they are forced to bend low is when there is injury crisis and have no other options left. In others cases it often when same players join better clubs then they are called up.

17. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    One can argue the average level of the Championship is stronger than the Eredivisie (sad but true).

18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    With about a month to go until the season finale, statistically, Weghorst is the most prolific Dutch striker in club appearances (excluding National Team matches).

Berghuis is the only one, so far, with a double-double.

Bolded players were recently selected by Frank de Boer (concerning that three of them are in the bottom tier).

It goes without saying that you have to take the numbers with a grain of salt as the level of the intensity varies from one league to another.

Weghorst.... 27(1) apps, 18 goals, 7 assists
    Berghuis... 27(1) apps, 17 goals, 11 assists
    Malen... 22(6) apps, 17 goals, 7 assists
    Memphis.... 27(4) apps, 14 goals, 9 assists
    Lang... 24(5) apps, 14 goals, 6 assists

Danjuma... 26(4) apps, 13 goals, 6 assists
    Boadu... 25(2) apps, 12 goals, 1 assist
    Promes... 16(9) apps, 8 goals, 2 assists
    Gakpo... 19(2) apps, 7 goals, 4 assists
    Stengs... 25 apps, 6 goals, 5 assists

El-Ghazi... 10(10) apps, 6 goals, no assist
    Babel...11(14) apps, 5 goals, 5 assists
    Luuk de Jong... 12(14) apps, 4 goals, no assist
    J. Kluivert... 6(15) apps, 2 goals, no assist
    Kadioglu... 5(17) apps, 1 goals, 2 assists

Bergwijn
    ... 13(12) apps, no goal, 2 assists
    Dilrosun... 2(6) apps, no goal, 1 assist​

DutchFanatic and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its too late for this. Lets see this euro off and hopefully FDB will be shown the exist and a good fresh start after the summer transfer window as well.

20. Sorry, but what you're calling for is a failed Euro in order to get FdB out in the hope to get a coach who's capable to kickstart the Orange Squad from that Euro disaster into a well oiled machine for 1st a flawless qualification campaign and if so, a successful WC2022 campaign.

Reality is that there's so little space between the Euro and the WC campaigns that wishing for a Euro disaster as the take off for WC glory is a believe in the existence of fairytale land.

Euro disaster will translate into WC disaster.
    No way a new coach will be able without the necesary friendlies (for which there's no room) to forge a new team, especially with the in this and other threads thrown new names, especially of players without any experience on internationla level club wise and Orange wise to mention, to be in the selection.

Be careful for what you wish for.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay scored a double today.
    He started the game on the left-wing instead of striker

22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agree but you have to look on a brighter side or like I always do, think outside of box and beyond qatar 22. There is about 7 qualifers still left with next two being absloute crucial. What the use of continuing with the same squad if they fail in euros. Might well as take the goods from euros and bring in players who can inject more trust into the team. Can you imagine what players like Danjuma,Lang,Weghorst and karsdorp could bring to the team. You have to look at this from both sides individually and from team perspective. The important thing here is for the coach to have balls to make changes happen and not protect his status or integrity

Injuries aside and with summer transfers to some degree I think its possible and then follow it up with another step in the Nations league and so forth.

I think brobbery is an important piece in this quest and the KNVB should tie him down as soon as possible. He is also on his way to RB Leipzig who are guaranteed CL spot next season which means they will need a extended squad and most probably this is where Brobbery will get his chances like many other teams who have used europa and CL to rotate their squad and give new players chance to prove themselves. I see Brobbery as a good impact player in making which he is already showing. If he hits the ground rolling at Leipzig then I year is along time.

Like I said gets the goods from euros, get rid of those half consistent players who only beat their chest with average teams and keep moving forward with potential players who knock on the door.

Looking forward for summer transfer window and qualifers and off course no FDB in the house.

Jpows repped this.
  23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is why this guy needs to go to euros.he ticks all the boxes which the current wingers dont do. This is what you call pure individual brilliance.