Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. And Noa

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Weghorst cannot do more to prove his worth over LdJ who isn’t even a starter anymore at his club. He shouldn’t even be in the conversation tbh.

Happy to see Depay score a brace today. He’s still the reference of the Oranje attack at the EC.

As far as Lang goes, I’ve already given my opinion on him. He already deserves to be ahead of the likes of Babel and Promes. Still difficult to gauge his true level though. It’s still better than rotting on the bench at Ajax.

Things are looking good. Malen also with a brace today and Ihattaren looking to be on the up with a great game.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yep - very good day for Dutch attackers today. Everybody is firing in all cylinders. Malen could have had a hattrick, his last attempt on goal miraculously hit the GK's body on the way to an empty net. Let's just say it was a world-class save by Drommel :p

Both Weghorst and Lang are giving every reason for FdB to call them next month. Sizzling hot.

Jpows and wilson00 repped this.
  4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Groeveneld danjuma also scored for Bournemouth. Was on the sidelines, missing 10 games and three games back made is return. He is always aesthetically pleasing to watch when he has ball at feet and especially when he is given freedom of space to move. He needs to selected purely based on his skills and finishing capabilities

nurvin repped this.
  5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Also... I noticed that Lang’s second goal was assisted by Chong. Nice! Chong scored a goal in a midweek cup match iirc.

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Back to his very best.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Apparently Xavi Simons made his debut for PSG in the coupe de France. Did anyone catch this game. Bakker also featured completing full 90'.

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert, Bergwijn and El Ghazi got no minutes this weekend.

I still wanna see Ghazi get a chance next Oranje games though

10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Weghorst in scoring drought. Two consecutive Bundesliga matches without a goal. :eek::eek: Panic ensued :p:D

Depay scored and assisted yesterday. He is now the second topscorer in Ligue 1, just two goals behind Mbappe. His sweepstake is heating up, recent rumor that he will go to Juve for only 5m Euro. That’s a basement bargain for a high quality striker at peak age. :cool:

11. Rumours are that BVB is after Brobbey in the summer, when he's a free agent.
    Well, In my eyes he's more a Benteke than a Lukaku type.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    El-Ghazi, all he does is score goals

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And it turned out to be the match winner and only goal!!!!

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now watch him get benched again next game :rolleyes:

15. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Danjuma scored as well today. Anyone seen the goal?

16. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Jpows and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  17. You're trying to jinxs him into the team, donot you:devilish:

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watched the game. In absence of Jack Grealish and with barkely on the bench, he was the main target when ever villa had poessession. He certainly is not up to the level of grealish but he did job well .Had three or four good shots on target, made some good runs and was in the thick of things taking corners as well and also tracked back as well. I havnt checked but he would have been the man of the match.

Its also true he will be benched when Grealish is back but that doesnt mean his form has dropped or he cant replicate his good form consistently for that matter. If he showing such a composure at epl level then it has to be accounted for, otherwise no one else (Dutch) has been in form lately. In epl offcourse

I have always said this, with his technical abilities, he is better than berghuis, bergwijn,and others in NT now. Him and Groeneveld are players who can get goals and more importantly shift that workload of Depay.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    De Boer's KNVB coaching license should be revoked if he doesnt call up Ghazi and Weghorst

Orange14 repped this.
  20. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Thanks! Good finish. Was more impressed with his skill run and almost goal before that one though. He’s looking sharp.

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #446 wilson00, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    His techical ability of being dual footed is what makes him lethal. He is a bit of injury prone but time and time again he has come back from injuries and gone to show the same killer instinct that he possess.

I have heard arguments about him being playing in Championship but you can always look at El Ghazi trajectory when he made that move from lille to Aston Villa in the championship and how it has turned out present day. The thing to note here is that Danjuma is technically better EL Ghazi in all aspects and this is what the selectors should look at. If El Gazi has gone on to punch his way at epl level, danjuma will go even further. Again I not asuming this , but its the technical ability which im looking at and if you look at bergwijn, promes, Babel etc, they are very plain wingers. Berghuis is more inverted with pin point crosses but once he gets neutralized, thats it.

Imo the two LWs should be Groeneveld and EL Ghazi

Jpows repped this.
  22. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    El Ghazi lost his place because of Barkley his return wasn't it?

Bergwijn seems like heading towards the exit.

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Boadu is getting back to form... a hattrick today, after 2 goals last week. Brought his tally to double-digit (11) goals this season in Eredivisie. Just in time for the Oranje NT matches in March. :cool:

Memphis, Malen, Weghorst, Stengs, and more likely Berghuis and Boadu. I think they are in driving seats for the upcoming Oranje NT fixtures, barring injuries.

Too bad that Noa Lang is losing steam, he hasn’t featured in almost 3 weeks (injuries) after a sizzling run in December & January.

I like Danjuma and great to see that he got the winner this weekend. But oh boy, his previous several matches were quite brutal, statistically speaking. I guess he’s a wait-and-see at this moment for me. El Ghazi... such an enigma. As already pointed out, the moment you think he was going to do some damage, he promptly disappeared - and vice versa. Lol. :confused: Still maybe 1-2 weeks left before the NT selection, last ditch effort to get some momentum. Unlikely I’d suspect, but who knows... FdB has a thin attacking squad.

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I had to look it up since I don't pay attention on the English Championship league... looks like Bournemouth are clinging on the last spot for the promotion playoff. But the league is huge, and there are plenty of matches to go. It'd be a shame if Bournemouth fail to move up to EPL - I think at that point, Danjuma should be looking for a transfer. He really needs to play at a higher level if he wants to excel.

25. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    El Ghazi's stronghold is on the left but thats where Grealish has been the most instrumental for Villa., operating out from and given he is their best player and aslo the captain, he will always get the head start. on the right El Ghazi usually is bit flat and when Grealish is playing, he often goes stray.. Barkley has been operating in the middle since joining on loan and Traore cutting inside from the right seems to be more effective than when el Ghazi s. Grealish is like depay in NT, he always is the target when ever villa have the possession and this is where everybody has to fit in.

Tested positive for COVID 19