Watch CBS 2 News Tonight!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kingjackdaniel, Nov 30, 2004.

1. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the 5pm newscast, and since, channel 2 was the only news source that covered the groundbreaking.

If you are interested in seeing it, it will most likely be on the 10 pm news tonight.

It is time to start showing we will only follow media sources that cover our Fire.

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They were not the only news source covering the event, believe me. Many of them showed so late and the tent was so packed that they may not have set up on time, to no fault of the Fire's really.

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WGN had a segment on the 9:00 pm news but the anchor said the Fire was building the Bridgeview stadium because they needed a bigger place. Obviously he didn't know they play in 61,500 soldier field and the real reason was to control revenue and schedules.

4. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Comcast Sports had their crew there too.

5. Firebear

Firebear New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Arlington Heights, I
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a short segment on Fox 32. Showed short clip of "silver shovels".

6. Paul D

Paul D New Member

Aug 6, 2000
    lower wacker drive
    CLTV had a 30 second bit. Just the basics, with no effort to really cover the story.

7. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    NBC covered the event at 5 too, but they spent half the piece talking about the sports dome and the mob ********.

8. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
  9. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    I dont know what you guys are talking about, but almost all the major networks were there on time, except for Comcast sports net which was 15 minutes late into the speech session

10. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I saw the one on fox, they have been good to us in the past. Remember that segment they had about the supporters last year for the final?

11. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    Wasn't covered in the 10pm newscast on 2, at least not during the sports segment.