Washington Times: Rimando to be left unprotected.

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Cweedchop, Oct 30, 2004.

1. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why'd you go and bring Campos into this? :D

Oh, wait, what year is it again?

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By this, you obviously mean he's brave enough to stand up against powerful opinions and let his side get some time. MM is a true patriot.

I like both goalies, I think Troy will be much better than Nick in about 3 years. He needs some seasoning. Goalies seem to need early bench time to learn. Right now Nicky is better, just from experience if nothing else. Rimando, like most goalies, is an enigma. Brilliant mind-boggling saves followed by whiffing at crosses and flailing at easy-looking balls that end up in the back of the net. He makes me nervous, but he does seem to inspire more confidence from his defense, which makes his job easier.
    I always liked several parts of Zach's game too, especially his aggressiveness, both in coming at players, and distribution. I hope he took a pay cut to come back though, I thought he made more than Nicky. If we give Namoff and Nelsen raises, we have to let some people go.

3. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    I have no problems with Rimando being on C-USA's roster next season, and Perkins and Garlick, or Thorton, or Causey or whoever holding down the 2 GK spots for United.

4. bigbearsmfl

bigbearsmfl New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    I think your giveing Nick to much respect. As I have said before the way the D has been playing lately anyone could be in goal and get a win.. Nick has played well not great. All MLS keepers are there for a resone. No one knows when One might get hurt it's nice to have two good keepers on one team. But if the D is not there it don't matter who you have in goal. Let just hope for a win in the next match..

5. bigbearsmfl

bigbearsmfl New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    If we are going to talk about good goal keeping. Did you see Matt Reis? Best game I have seen in a long time by a keeper. When you get your Keeper fired up like that it's hard to get one past him...

6. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    True but when you are taking PK's like a blind amputee on their first day with the new prosthetic leg it's quite easy to snag 'em. Not dissing Reis but really re-watch those PK's some of the worse I have ever seen.