Washington Spirit 2019

Discussion in 'Washington Spirit' started by Sawedoff, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Sawedoff

Sawedoff Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Aug 9, 2015
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, we're only 8 games in, but I don't think anyone had us pegged for the top of the table at this, or any point of the season. They're coming along nicely, and in my opinion way ahead of schedule! Glad to see the massive overhaul not leaving a bare cupboard, and the team is finally playing with a purpose.

That said, I think they're deserving of a new thread for the year, and I plan on talking about them more. So, let's have it! What's your judgement on progress so far?

2. Sawedoff

Sawedoff Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Aug 9, 2015
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. Lightning ruined a sellout (still officially happened), and they dropped yet another. After being at the top of the table we've now dropped 5 straight. The team has let off. Here's to hoping Mal and Rose pick it up quick and get this team back to the top.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  3. Sawedoff

Sawedoff Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Aug 9, 2015
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back on track! A 1-0 win over Sky Blue, while not as impressive as hoped (granted, Sky Blue is on the up-and-up), its still great to get the 3-point bump!

L'orange repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steven Goff
    @SoccerInsider
    4h
    Spirit seems likely to play its two home matches April 17 and 24 at Segra Field in Leesburg.

fatbastard repped this.