Was Yesterday's Screw Up Seaman's Last?

Discussion in 'England' started by Melloblkmon, Oct 17, 2002.

1. crummy

crummy New Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Watford
    Agree with the James/Robinson thing.

I happen to think that Kirkland is the best young keeper in England but Robinson is miles ahead of him now - simply because he has commanded first team football - though that can also work against him if he loses form or confidence.

Kirkland MUST leave Liverpool now it is clear that he will only ever be 2nd fiddle to Dudek.

He needs to get back to 1st team action to prove his worth if he is gonna even keep pace with the likes of Robinson.

He ain't going anywhere sitting on the Liverpool bench every week.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i wonder if kirkland knew houllier was signing dudek when he signed for liverpool, they both signed on the same day, do you think dudek and kirkland did not know the other was being signed. that would suck.

3. crummy

crummy New Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Watford
    If Kirkland did know then he's a fool to himself.

He's out of the spotlight and it can only harm his career in the longterm.

His only hope, without moving, if is Dudek gets a bad injury [God forbid, wouldn't wish that on any player!] - because having just re-signed Dudek at reportedly £60,000 a week [around $90,000] then obviously they're gona play him when available.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Kirkland may land up at Arsenal.

They're gonna be needing another keeper for next season and i'm not sure they see Taylor as ready yet.

They won't wanna pay big bucks - so Kirkland could be an attractive option ?

We'll see....