Was that you Rey? The official Tigres thread [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Eguzki, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The magic of TiVo, God (if there is one, and feel free to use your favorite deity) save technology.

After watching my TiVo (fast forwarding I have to accept, it is 1 A.M. after all and I had already witness the match) there was one shot of our orange "hinchada" dancing and jumping and singing and jumping, and in the middle of those orange jerseys there was one guy wearing the jersey (a retro jersey I may add) of our favorite European super team, the "UANL Tigres" or "Ti-gue-res" as their fans call them during games.

Mmmm, I said to myself (maybe I´m crazy, talking to yourself is not very healthy I have read), Dynamo supporter?, is part of T/A and E/B?, has a "Ti-gue-res" jersey?, my God (again feel free to use your favorite deity), that must be Rey.

Was that you?, or did I just saw a copycat?

Is Bandido gonna say something about Ti-gue-res?.

And for the record, I never ever said that we were going to win against Morelia easily, that was a copycat using my handle and my picture,errrr and my account, I remember clearly giving the 10 reason of why we were going to tie against Morelia.

And one last "for the record", after watching Morelia´s uniform, I have to say that they deserved to lose, no team with so ugly uniforms (what was the deal with those gray shorts, they look like the pajamas people used to wear in the early 80´s, and that yellow was just horrible) deserved anything different than losing.

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Re: Was that you Rey?

no i keep it orange for games, but i do bring my game gear in my Tigres duffel and i keep one Tigres pin on my Texian Army scarf and the other pinned to my heart. :cool: however there are several LyL in EB.

btw, don't listen to Bandido he drinks too much. :D

"muchos dicen que soy un loco que no controla su pasion"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrkCBEpVSVA&mode=related&search=

mods can we keep this thread as an homage to everything tigres...please!

we may not have the best team every year, but no one will deny us the fact that we have the best fans in all mexico. that's my experience and that's what i want to bring to Texian Army and the Houston Dynamo. the passion oozes and those are just still pictures, the stadium experience is even more incredible.

3. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas

Concerning the jerseys, I made a comment to my friends that it was like looking back at soccer jerseys from years past and going "what the heck were they thinking, those are hideous", except these are their current kits. I know Barcelona and Chelsea sport the neon green kits but these were like cheap knock-offs.... except for the socks, which must be the only thing they can afford to wash.

4. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can always see a few "Tigres" shirts in E/B (and in other parts of the stadium), I assumed they were expatriates but it never occurred to me that a few of them were "Libres & Lokos", cool, I hope they will keep it clean and fun.

By the way, when my family moved to Mexico and I had to choose a team, Tigres was the perfect fit, Basques love to suffer when it comes to football(I made an exception with the Dynamo, I´m orange even if they win), at least fans of Alaves and Real Sociedad don´t have to suffer anymore, Athletic being the last (or one of the 2 remaining Basque teams, depending if you consider Osasuna a Basque team, as my grandfather used to say, the only team that has a real basque name and that plays in Nafarroa has to be considered Basque) Basque team in First Division will have us fans suffering every year (but better to suffer that to hire Spaniards or Foreigners, we will never have the money to build a super team in La Liga, playing with only Basque players is the only thing differentiates us from the other teams and makes us special, proving that you can stay in First Division with "11 aldeanos".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR-jz9KvUaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17iAvDJ7gKw

5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

always...

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

that video is hilarious:

"vamos a champions. vamos a champions. pero vosotros, ni la Intertoto"

jajajajajajajajajaja.

i don't enjoy watching Mexico, Tigres or Dynamo play whatsoever. i'm with the Basques on this one. its all about the suffering.....i distrust fans that have fun at the games. :cool:

whenever the above 3 teams play something important i have to take a pre-game nap to ward off a headache and a pre-game nervous sht.

7. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte

The greatest fans ever?? hahaha pls quit kidding yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ggm7YdZ0nU

greatest team and greatest fans in the world.

RAYADOS DE MONTERREY!!!

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

my wife's maternal family is hardcore rayados fans. they all went through the "tec" prep school system and then to the university.

i sleep with one eye open at night just in case she gets tired of my Tigres ass one day. :D

9. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte

lol my mom and aunt graduated from Tec.

I went there on exchange from A&M for a while. Most of those kids would never/or have never set foot in a stadium.( they think its not safe lol, cant tell you how many people i 'exposed' when i was there) Then there are the the non fresa kids who are down for gettin rowdy f'n shit up. which is what i loved lol

being part of the 'popular' in general is the greatest in the world.

I make weekend trips all the time on bus, seeing the team live is the best feelin in the world.

10. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

i have a story about this, but i have to tell you in person. nothing bad, but i don't want to publish it everywhere.

btw, this is the Tigres thread!!!! why don't you and Bandido go hold hands in your own rayados thread. jajajajajajaja. :p

11. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Re: Was that you Rey? The official Tigres thread

the best part of the story is how US Customs wouldn't let him bring the car over from Monterrey, playa-hatas i tell you...they must of been Rayados fans.

definitely should be in next years Art Car Parade!!!!!!

countdown 'till Bandido makes an appearance in this thread 5...4...3...2

13. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I will see what I can do.

14. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

No Rey, I'm not going to spoil your little Tigay thread. what kind of fellow Regiomontano and Texian Army member do you think I am?? :rolleyes:

Oh, but here's a couple of differences that exists between Rayados and Tigays:

Rayado en bicicleta.........esta haciendo deporte
    Tigre en bicicleta...........va a la chamba

Rayado en una casa..........goza del hogar
    Tigre en una casa............hace el aseo

RAYADO con un estéreo.......escucha música
    Tigre con un estéreo.........se lo acaba de robar

RAYADO en un bar............checa el negocio
    Tigre en un bar..............borracho

RAYADO en U.S.A.............de vacaciones
    Tigre en U.S.A...............lo persigue la migra

RAYADO en un mercedes.......gente desociedad
    Tigre en un mercedes.........chofer

RAYADO en una construcción...arquitecto
    Tigre en una construcción....albañil

RAYADO con uniforme.........capitán
    Tigre con uniforme...........mesero

RAYADO con pistola..........precavido
    Tigre con pistola............delincuente

RAYADO con manicure.........Playboy
    Tigre con manicure...........**************

RAYADO leyendo periódico....Intelectual
    Tigre leyendo periódico......Busca chamba

RAYADO corriendo............deportista
    Tigre corriendo .............esta escapando

RAYADO de bata blanca.......doctor
    Tigre de bata blanca.........carnicero

RAYADO rascándose...........Alérgico
    Tigre rascándose.............Sarnoso

RAYADO junto a un auto......automovilista
    Tigre junto a un auto........limpiaparabrisas

RAYADO de smoking...........Se va a casar
    Tigre de smoking.............mesero de la boda

RAYADO en moto..............Corredor de motocross
    Tigre en moto................repartidor de pizzas

15. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte

jajaja no mames que risa.

16. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

i forgot there was 2 of you in houston. why don't you all run-along and form your own thread (and take Nobious and his gay cowboy hat with you). :D

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Osasuna es un equipo Navarro. Sin duda.

Pero su gente solia apoyar a Real Sociedad tipo local en Pamplona y Obanos. Porque Real Sociedad fue en la primera ni Osasuna. Lo he visto.

Hasta el exito de Osasuna, sus inchas ya incluye su club como Basque en la primera. El sentimiento queda con Navarro todavia.

18. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

bump.

week one of Clausura 2008 tourney begins tonight for Tigres (on the road against San Luis). needless to say mr. *rey* has been drinking for an hour already, especially since we just lost our best defender (J.C. Caceres) to Boca Jrs.

Sat Jan 19, 05:00PM Central (LIVE)
    Galavision
    San Luis vs Tigres

19. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Osasuna is a club from Navarra, no one can deny that, i would be crazy to state something different, it is simple geography, the thing is that the north part of Navarra used to be part of the Basque country, when the Spanish government created the autonomous communities they decided not to include what is now the north part of Navarra, but that part and many of its inhabitants are Basque, heck, the name of the community used to be Nafarroa.

I (and many other Basques) have always considered Osasuna a Basque team, hey, unlike the other 2 important Basque clubs (Real Sociedad and Athletic), Osasuna uses a Basque name, osasuna(I´m not using a capital letter because I´m just talking about the word, not the name of the team) means health, a team deciding to use a Basque name surely means the team considers itself a Basque team, but that is just my opinion.

20. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1-1, a tie as the away team may be good, but my wife says to tell you that it is the same story every year, the commentators always end up saying that Tigres should have win, that fans should not worry because they look very good and that each year they end up not winning the first game and end up playing bad the rest of the games.

By the way, just saw the beginning of the Chivas Pumas game, not gonna watch the whole game, my wife would kill me, but I wanted to see the first seconds of the game to see a 71 year old player, obviously it was just a few seconds, the team wanted to make a tribute for their best player ever and Pumas said they would play along letting him touch the ball 2 or 3 time in the first seconds and not play for real until the change of Chava Reyes after one minute or so, but Univision as usual began the transmission late (what a way to say FU to their own viewers, always putting extra ads, Chivas fans in the US just saw the last 2 seconds of Chava Reyes, with more MLS games in Univision, will they do the same with MLS games?, why aren´t hispanics viewers doing some sort of boycott of the sponsors?, (insert your favorite deity) knows that I would not be a happy camper If I was a regular viewer of this channel.

21. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

why do you think i drink? its to heal the pain and to keep me warm at night. :p

22. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rey, take me to a Tigres match.

23. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Judging from their turnouts the last few go-arounds, y'all might be the only one's there. Pinches gatos me la maman.
    Oooooo! Kada vez son menos!
    O-o-o-o-o!
    Oooooo! Kada vez son menos!
    Ya los kuento, kon los dedooooos!

Aguante Los Libres y ********s!

24. Re: Was that you Rey? The official Tigres thread

el sabado los destrozamos en san nicolas y yo estare presente :cool:

25. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

que buena onda.

estoy de acuerdo que es posible que nos (tigres) vaya muy mal sin Cirilo o Zermeno. vamos tener que ir al rio para encontrar un portero. :p