Was justice done... (for K.C. not Scott Peterson)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by DotMPP, Nov 15, 2004.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd agree with you on this one. Should have been wearing an Alecko shirt. My gosh, if my kid were in the final, you better believe I'd be wearing his shirt.

Look at all the NFL players, their moms and dads wear their kid's shirt.

Think Freddy's mom was wearing an AC Milan shirt? I highly doubt it.

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    I think if my kid was in the MLS Cup final, but I didn't really support his team, I'd just wear civilian clothes (no team gear whatsoever).

Optionally, Esky could've broken out the throwback Cosmos gear.

3. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    I stand corrected on the astro turf.

But LA had 25,000, which would have looked small at Arrowhead.

4. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and half of those attending wouldn't stop blowing those damn horns :rolleyes:

5. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just passing along that Richard Snowden over at soccer365.com made the same point I did about the limits of the neutral sites for the MLL Cup.

"THUMBS DOWN: MLS honchos continue to cling to the notion that staging MLS Cup matches in neutral venues is a good idea. The league's failure to move a mere 27,000 tickets for its annual marquee event proves yet again that it is not. Worse yet, despite the best efforts of the handful of traveling D.C. and Wizards supporters, the match was largely devoid of a passionate atmosphere, which never helps on national TV.

"The solution to this problem is quite simple: stage MLS Cup at the home venue of the higher-seeded finalist. Not only would this format guarantee a large, passionate crowd for every MLS Cup final, it would also provide additional incentive for teams to finish as high in the regular-season standings as possible. And as we have seen, MLS teams need all the incentive possible to help make the regular season more interesting.

"It's time for MLS to realize that emulating the NFL approach is just not going to work well. By now, it's quite clear that neutral championship venues rarely (at best) achieve the desired results. The NFL can get away with such things because it has more fans than Led Zeppelin. MLS, on the other hand, needs to be realistic and do all it can to maximize fans' passion and interest"

Needless to say, I agree 100%

6. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    Oh my gosh when did this happen. Now I'm really depressed.