Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Deuteriumoxide, Oct 21, 2003.
Because they sure look piss poor without him this season.
There is more to it than just Duff. We lost David Dunn, and we got rid of Berg in favor of Amoruso. Amoruso is awful.
This team is just crap compared to the team of last year. Hopefully we can stay in the EPL.
From what I've seen, and read on the YA threads, is that their defense sucks. And Friedel's human this year.
Last year I thought Souness was spending too much to bring in strikers when the problem was the back line. I have to question the coaching; the backline ballwatches alot. And Amoruso has sucked in the games I've seen.
I respect what Souness has done for the club, but you've got to question his judgment on signings.
Amoruso always ball watched, it cost rangers so many times it was almost funny, but he has a habit of showing up and being a hero in the big games that most seemed to forget about his rather large lapses in concentration against teams he regarded as lower quality.
Nice to see some things never change.
Exactly, and why the hell would Souness make such stupid moves? Replace a class defender like Berg (even though he probably needed to move on) with an overrated, overage guy like Amoruso. Ugh. Who do else does he have for the back-line? Is Martin Taylor any good? Andy Todd? Johansson? Where has Babbel been playing?
And even though I love Dino Baggio: he's done.
The last few matches, I thought finishing had been a problem, too. Yorke and Cole have to get it together.
On the bright side, Emerton is class, and I think Ferguson can get better.
been playing with this, but can't come up with anything good...
The whole defense has been a disapointment. Ferguson has not played well so far, but I think he can improve. Well, I hope he can.
HUman ?? He sucks ass this year, well on his way to getting the "worst goalie of the premiership" if there was such an award. The game against Leicester was ridiculous, they only had 2 whole chances the whole game and what do you know ? 2 goals for them with friedel standing still and watching the ball go past him. We need a replacement fast, too bad kelly is injured and they couldn't get Enckelman from aston villa.
1. Berg left, and wasn't sacked. He was to retire and live in Norway, and we were to let him go. However, he changed his mind as his new house was delayed. Souness probably had other plans, and it would be a bit much to drop everything because berg's house was not built as quickly as he liked.
2. It was probably either Amoruso, Alpay or De Boer of Barca. I'd have preferred De Boer, but I think his agent may have been too slippery and demanding, so he went to Galatasaray. We don't have the money for, say, Gareth Barry, and I'm glad we didn't get Alpay.
3. Martin Taylor=rubbish, as aggressive as Bambi/Todd=inconsistent, as aggressive as Rambo/Johansson=Not sure, as he's not been given much chance.
4. Babbel's been playing in central defence recently, but may be right back once Neill is suspended. Again.
5. Yorke and maybe even Cole need to go. I'd love to see someone like Earnshaw or Defoe to replace them, but it isn't going to happen. Marc Viduka would be a dumb move, as he has a massive ego, as well as breasts.
6. Dunn was talented, but he lacks committment and dedication to his work to fulfill his potential. Brum fans will start to get frustrated in a year or two's time, as he swans about like Party Boy, and gives it the big 'I am'.
7. Enkelmann can be dodgy, as any Birmingham fan will testify. Perhaps we need an MLS keeper. Worked with Tim Howard.
Looks that way of late. And let me just say that I HATE watching David Thompson play in the starting lineup for the team. I think he's a big reason why the offense has been so ineffectual lately. He belongs back with Coventry in the first division. Sad that Blackburn is afflicted with him.
Things got off to a better start on Monday (without Thompson!), after the two early goals on headers, the offense didn't look nearly so menacing after the half with Yorke out of the lineup. After the display of the season opener, I never would have guessed that scoring would be a problem for this team.
You seem to be very alone here with this sentiment, but I will agree that Friedel has looked everything less than stellar this season. Sucks ass? Maybe the defense in front of him this year has something to do with it, or more so that without the offensive firepower from last season, the ball's always pretty much in the defensive third, where more 'sucking ass' situations have a tendency to occur.