Was anyone else.....[R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrocorazon, Aug 3, 2003.

1. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    ....rooting for Barca the whole game vs Man U just so that Timmy can make some saves? I didnt even think about the fact that they could get it passed him, thats how confident I was. BTW "The Link" was "off da CHAIN"! (pun intended)

2. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    I know the feeling. At the Juve game i was rooting for Man U, but at the same time I got frustrated that Juve couldn't put a decent shot together. Its hard when you want one team to score (Man U) but wish the other team would have the ball more often (Juve).

3. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Howard played a very good game. He stopped a break away in the first half.

The goal that scored against him was a very good goal he had no chance.

The save on the FK in the second half will make a very big impression on Sir Alex. A great save on a sure goal.

Hey he has a very good over all team defense in front of him good tacklers and hard workers, and when they have the ball they are a scoring machine.

Howard has to think he died and gone to heaven playing with these guys, and he would be right.

Richie

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

That was just amazing.

He went to full stretch, knocked it to the ground and was back up to get it before it bounced again.

I think he's done enough to get the start against Arsenal next Sunday to see if he can continue to impress in that kind of atmosphere against that kind of competition.

5. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Tim played perfectly. He stoped every possible shot on goal. He had that one loose ball towards the end, but he still was able to grab the ball.

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

[​IMG]

It looks like he's fitting right in.

7. Soccer C

Soccer C New Member

May 6, 2001
    NY
    Absolutely! The funny thing was, I was watching the game with my brother who is just an anti-MLS twit. In the 2nd half, when Timmy made that save off the free kick, he was like "Woa - nice save!" and my dad and I were like "yeah." - It was a nice save, but we knew he'd save it so I guess in a sense, it was less impressive.
    He actually might be persuaded to attend a Metro game this year.

8. Billyhunt

Billyhunt New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Hamden CT
    actually I was rooting for Barca the whole game because MAn U are scum and I wanted them to lose.

9. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

10. clemshaw

clemshaw New Member

May 21, 2003
    UNITED SCUM

Here here. Man United, DC United. One always wins, one always loses. Both are scum.