Warren Smith interview courtesy of the Tower Bridge Battalion

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Mar 25, 2014.

1. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    sugit and QuietType repped this.
  2. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting to hear about the downtown stadium plans. The railyards are NOT the best location? Looking at several other locations? This has me intrigued. Are they looking at redeveloping an area? By my estimate, they would need at least two entire city blocks to plop a stadium, maybe four.. That really has me scratching my head as to available land downtown.

3. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think he meant the Railyards are not the "only" best location downtown. What other locations are in the mix, I'd sure love to know. A few sites possibly are the current Towe Auto museum property (definitely not my first choice), south of Broadway off 5th St (whole area is being planned for re-development), area north of Railyards (Richards Blvd area- lots of property avail), next to Rivercats, deeper in West Sac (this is me brainstorming), behind Blue Diamond (logistically hard due to lack of current road connection network, but the city may want to help?).

Any areas downtown that would require giving up a street to combine properties would also require a bunch of adjacent vacant land or derelict buildings. The only "possible" location I can think of is along the R st corridor around 19th st. That's a long-shot, but who knows.

Sounds like he has some locations up his sleeve which is a good thing.

I like the sound of his investor possibilities too.