Warning

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Korean Football, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Looking at how the forum is going on, there are many who could end up getting carded (even if it's not necessarily by my decision).

Please think before you post. Heated discussion is always fine but please do not insult others.

Just as BuffloSoldier had said, "Please relax, and be civil--don't call each other names and make homophobic and racial taunts towards each other."

I'll make this post a sticky until the forum calms down.

2. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    just to add:

sock-putting is NOT ALLOWED.

If you do so, your original one would be yellow carded and the puppet will be red carded.

3. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    so far I've noticed leelo and junjun have created the sock-puppets.

4. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Just to make an announcement, Korea_Fighting has been banned permanently.

He had been closely watched by super moderators for a long time. He was given lots of opportunities where he could have changed his attitude. However despite continuous warnings he did not show any progress at all. And therefore we have finally come to a conclussion that he won't be able to improve.

From now on he won't be allowed to post or even create a new user name. It might sound a bit harsh but believe me, we have given him countless chances.

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Hey guys - I just wanted to apologize to topcow, woorijim, matsu, excape goat, and everyone who said that there was just too much water under the bridge to make it work. I think we are all hoping that this board will be a lot more peaceful without KF making little trolling comments here and there that gets people stirred up. We're all here to talk football and have fun, and dealing with constant antagonism makes this place a lot less fun.

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    wrong choice of words. who are you guys to "come to a conclussion that he won't be able to improve"

disgusting. he may be a troll, but you have no right to say that to him. besides, whats the point of "proclaiming" that he has been banned? i really dont see a point. couldn't you just protect his privacy for the last time and get over it quietly? do you have to let everyone know what happened? people who stay around would be able to catch on he either left or got banned for his inappropriate behavior. there was no need to start a thread about this subject, especially by a person who took part in banning him.

7. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    anyway, what happened? i havent seen him cross the line even when excape goat went psycho couple weeks ago. when did you come to this conclusion?

8. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

I asked woorijim to start a thread on it because a lot of good posters were unhappy that he was allowed to continue on this board and I felt people deserved an explanation.

Protect his privacy? If he had ever shown much respect for his fellow posters he wouldn't be in this position. He was given a chance to exist without a redcard, and he still couldn't refrain from comments about deceitful Japanese, etc.

The last straw was his comment about "who cares?" on the Matsu site thread. He was told when his cards were removed that any trolling of any kind would be his last.

9. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I've always had mixed feelings about Leelo/Korea_Fighting... although no one would disagree that he really trolled needlessly and provoked many of the fights and chaos that went on in this board, I know that he did have quite a good knowledge about Korean football and loved it with passion; he contributed really well in news and discussion regarding Korean football and I respected him for that. But he did troll needlessly against other Chinese/Japanese posters way too much, and pretty much got what was warned of him if he didn't change his act. It's unfortunate that he had to behave the way he did.

10. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, we're probably better off. Maybe we won't have anymore flame wars between the Koreans and Chinese.

11. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Yeah, he deserved it. Perhaps if he became a premium member, he might still be around. Lol.

12. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    so is he finally seduced by the demon? does it mean he is cursed or blessed?

please accept my condolence. i shall come to you in prayer and kneel in front of you. looking back all those priceless moments you provided for us, i cannot stop my tear running down from the wells of my eyes. oh my dear, oh my dear, better luck next time upon your ressurection.

love,

hamatachi

ps how does ip ban actually work??

13. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    The board defintively won't be much more peaceful without him, because the whole structure of BigSoccer.com supports people like him. Here is even a board exclusively for rivalries, the most destructive installation I have seen in the last years.
    So please don't be surprised of what happened and what will happen.
    Because.... there will be more posters like KF, spamming, trolling or whatever. And you know why?

Because of this thread, the biggest mistake in this whole KF-Story.

It is neither fair towards KF, nor has it ANY positive effect, but in exchange a very negative one, as people with the 'potential' to act like KF, see the trouble which is caused and the attention which is drawed and in a logical consequence will start to act like him.

The reason, that you wanted to explain yourself and the whole ban to those who wanted to get rid of him is rather a joke and can not be taken seriously. Sorry.
    If they had detected his spamful posts and his appeareance than they would have detected that he is red-carded as it is shown directly below his title and would feel no different than they feel now.

The announcement, as well as this thread, bring up a very bad impression and the suspicion, that it was only made to get back a little respect from the users who, and you can bet on this, lost it in the last months. Not only due to KF, but also due to many more things...

PS: The IP-ban is not very smart, in my eyes. I may be wrong but that means, that everybody with a similar IP (I know that It changes everytime you go into the internet, but that doesn't matter.....) is banned, too.
    IP-ban can prevent the registration of a certain group of people of the same provider, I think....

14. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    what an injustice!

15. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Stinger - Thanks for the comments. I respectfully disagree with your statement that this thread is the biggest mistake in the whole saga and that it will encourage others to act like KF. I think finally red carding someone for trolling activity will send the message that this forum is about talking soccer and having fun, and this kind of repeated nasty, confrontational and borderline racist behavior won't be tolerated from anyone. As far as it not being fair to Korea_Fighting, I see your point, but I don't think his repeated disruptions of this forum with negative behavior have been fair to anyone. When his cards were removed, it was publicly discussed why he was being given a last chance (which became more like 5 or 6 last chances), and I think people have a right to know that this time it isn't for a week or two. Also, discussing it here gives people such as yourself an opportunity to voice your disagreement. Wouldn't you prefer that to never knowing what happened?

I personally believe that giving him one last chance despite numerous calls for a red card from many people was very fair to him. Like I said, he was told that any more trolling of any kind would result in a red card. IMO, given the fact that he couldn't just stick to soccer and not try to wind people up, that he has no one to blame but himself.

16. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    I was wondering if the same would apply to all others who trolls from now on? I can say that I'm sick and tired of being trolled against, so I certainly hope that's the case.

I will miss Korea_Fighting's picture galleries though; they were great. Who's gonna do them now? :(

17. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    O.K., the red card is of course a signal for others, but I think making the story public was not a good decision at all.
    I don't criticise that something was done against him, it was needed, but the way it was done and giving him too much attention were not correct I think.
    For me, I understand you better now, when you say how often he was warned, it seems like that he was outstanding in this board concerning spamming.

The fact, that he did a few unfair things, does not legalise that he was treated unfair as well. You do not have to act as he did-but thats just a sidenote and its up to you how you decide to handle this situation.

The question whether I would prefer to know it or not, I can answer you quickly: No.
    The point is, that people who would have been really upset of not knowing what is going on, would have wrote a pm to one of the mods. As for the others, negatively affected by KF (directly I mean. He caused trouble in the whole board, but I exclude the majority, which, of course was affected, too), they would have waited what will happen to KF.
    Now you'll say: What if those people would have asked before and would be sick of continuing doing that?
    Thats a good point and I just can say, that the only way to prevent people to think this, is to punish spammers and trollers faster and harder that we all would not have to discuss (what basically is a good point and I appreciate that you have mentioned it) the subject.
    Because obviously, KF causes a lot of trouble here, even now and that is in my eyes, still:

-The fact he was not banned early enough
    -This thread

Finally, I did not intend to set up the question whether KF is 'right' in what he did or not.
    He was definitively banned for a good reason. I just criticise the way it was done, giving him, in my eyes, far too much attention and spotlight.

The question, whether this affects others to do the same can only be answered by you mods. Every Mod now has to act corresponding to what we discussed here.
    If they don't it will bring up the people I talked about (still supported by the needless rivalries-board, I think).
    Acting a little bit faster could prevent such things much better IMO.

By and large I appreciate the intention of informing the public as well as the ban of KF and I understand both points.
    How it was realised does not represent a proper solution.
    The future will tell us, which one of us two is right.
    Hopefully you.

18. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Good riddance. Yea, he did post some good pics, and he does have good knowledge of Korean football, but his childish chauvinism and utter disrespect of others was an intolerable nuisance.

Bye KF, you will not be missed. Well, at least not by me.

19. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Stinger - Fair points. I agree that two wrongs don't make a right.

After a day or so, we'll either merge this thread to the warning thread above, or remove it completely. This certainly is not the ordinary practice and I can't imagine us doing it again, it's just that this is a special case where, like I mentioned, we had discussed the situation publicly.

Given the few comments in support of KF and given the fact that this can be a difficult forum to moderate, it makes me think that BigSoccer should maybe rethink how Asia is organized.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you do realize that different rules apply to Rivalries, right? If you are talking about Asia forums, you should talk to the moderators about any problems you may have.

21. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    you do realize you are next in line, don't you?

22. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    he'll be back soon

23. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    There were trolling against Koreans in the Asian forums recently as well. I'll take it that any trolling outside of the World Rivalries won't be tolerated any more.

24. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yes - trolling against Koreans or anyone else in this forum is not okay. If you think someone is trolling, contact one of the mods, use report a post, or feel free to send me a pm. Not all trolling is going to result in a red card, however. This situation didn't come about overnight.

25. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    He knew his stuff, and did contribute, but he just couldn't let go of the trolling, and that was his downfall.