Warning: Do not watch the Cygan OG againt pan.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by billyho96, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Completly agree - he does his best whilst out on the sidelines!!! :p

2. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Alas no. It was some time ago now. I was paraphrasing slightly from memory but the gist is there. If I find anything though ill post it.

3. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    There is a guy who sits behind me at highbury who does nothing but piss and moan for 90 minutes. HE used to detract from Gilberto ever yime he got the ball. Now GIlberto is "in vogue" so he whines about Edu all the time. Seems to be we all need someone to blame :)

4. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    why dont u turn around and say shut the ******** up pillow-biter
    or alternatively bitch slap him

5. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I love own-goal threads.

I loved hearing the announcer call Agoos OG an AutoGolazo, I was almost expecting him to scream AUTO-GOooooooooooooOoooooOoooooooooL! :D

I also saw the Ganbare highlights where that Japanese keeper threw the ball into his own net, not the first time its happened. I've seen a few keepers do it, some on the follow through (like that poor guy, followed through TOO far) and some lose the ball inexplicably when they swing back to throw it...

The look on his face was priceless. "Wha... huh... but... whaaa?... oh crap."

6. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Cos hes like 70! I actually thought it might be rick - but hes a clock ender soooo :)

7. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Cheeky git!!!

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know the saying about:

"I'd rather be lucky, than good."

Is Cygan's version:

"I'd rather be unlucky, than crap." ?

;)

9. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Yeah! You are right there! Wenger may try him upfront next season. But where did Lehman go? The ball went through right in the middle of the goal. It could have been an easy back pass to the keeper.

10. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Very funny Zani, (and humour and piss taking most definately belongs to footie), meanwhile we all remember a certain Chelsea keeper last year at Highbury making us laugh so much we wet ourselves.

11. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Actually Zani, while its PROBABLE that a Zip is a Zonker, it is by no means definite.

12. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, man -- now this REALLY scares me:

I can't find the error in Zani's logic. (shudder).

It would seem to me that Zips are either contiguous with or a subset of Zoodles (all Zips are Zoodles). Zoodles, in turn, are either contiguous with or a subset of Zonkers (all Zoodles are Zonkers). Wouldn't all Zips then, perforce, be Zonkers?

Please help me. Please...? (I am not Zani, I am not Zani, I am not Zani.....)

13. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Zani, in David Bowie translation:
    A Lad In Sane.

= In Zane. ( Zani)

(Those old enough knows what I mean.)

14. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Heh panic over. There isnt any. I got hung up on Zip = Zoodle. It doesnt follow that a Zoodle = a Zip but it doesnt matter, because as you say they are contiguous with Zonker...

I only figured it applying "real world" terms. If all "Gooners" wear "Red Shirts", and ALL "Red Shirts" are in "North London", then all "Gooners" MUST be in "North London".

I got confused with the "NOT" equivilent of the equation. NOT all "Red Shirts" are "Gooners", and NOT all "North Londoners" are "Red Shirts" and thus NOT all "North Londoners" are "gooners".

Thus not all Zonkers are Zips, but all Zips are indeed Zonkers, as Zani said.

Now Im worried. Im a programmer. Logic is my JOB, and i got out done by Zani!

Im even more worried that Zani triggered a string of posts that required a bit of thought!

15. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey droogie, don't crash here...

16. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but my life was flashing before my eyes. All better now.

17. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    I have recovered, almost,

now back to glorious owngoals.....

18. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Let me break it down to you all. If Arsenal is Henry, and Henry struggles in Europe, then Arsenal must definitely struggle in Europe. You saw the difference he made in San Siro last season.

19. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with those supporting Cygan or blaming it all on luck. That OG may have been unlucky but Cygan's play this year has been quite poor in every match I've seen. He has had a hand in many of the goals against us in games he played. You can say that it is all bad luck but we all know that is bogus.

Please watch the Palace game again. Cygan loses his man so often I could have sworn he wasn't a defender at all. It easily could have been another goal for Palace because Cygan lost his man and the ball just a couple of minutes after they scored. Only horrible finishing saved us. Cygan seems to lose his focus and position many times a game and he insists on playing around with the ball which produces stupid turnovers. Please tell me what you think he is thinking as player race past him and he stands like a statue while the rest of the defense scrambles to cover? Watch him on set pieces. He is often by himself in no mans land about 8-10 yards from goals covering no one and in no position to intercept low corner kicks.

I couldn't watch the game vs citeh but even a wonderful performance there doesn't make up for his numerous blunders in the league and europe. We need to get 2 quality CBs: 1 in January to replace Cygan and another in the summer for Sol and/or backup.