Warfare: Football vs Soccer

Discussion in 'Military Equipment, Service and Technology' started by Yaroni, May 31, 2011.

1. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  2. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations US Military! Welcome to the Rest of the World Who Has Known This For Many Millenia!

Some Chinese guy named Sun Tzu was about 5,000 years ahead of you there!

I really can't believe it took until the 21st century for someone in the US military to come to this conclusion!

Where the hell have they been?

3. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Well i wouldn't go that far, for one thing the sun tzu was studies and praises my almost every major US commander

Second war has really been the same for the most part of history in terms of Army vs Army conflict/confrontation. Its only this past decade or two that the US enemies have adopted an "irregular war".

Furthermore there has been cases where insurgent irregular warfare has once again reverted to conventional warfare when it was advantageous, for example the 2006 Israeli Lebanese war, when hezbollah went from guerrilla to semi-guerrilla/conventional warfare (although this example is debatable when you discuss strategic goals).

The point is that the only certainty is CHANGE and thats what the article discusses. Not football or soccer, but BOTH.

I do agree with you however that it took them too long to adopt this doctrine, but it was Obama's prudence that led to Gates' prowess come to fruition.