Wanna play pro soccer in America ?

Discussion in 'Player' started by JRedknapp11, Feb 15, 2006.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Just curious to see how many soccer players from age 16-25 would be interested in attending a soccer academy that also serves as a professional club.

Club would be based in Florida and the academy would five to six months long. Coaching would be done mainly by ex professional players from across the continent.

I'm not trying to peddle anything... just trying to get a feel for who and what's out there. I'd be interested to hear what type of items you would be interested in, inorder to cough up a few bucks for the whole academy experience.

-- thanks

2. bafingersave

bafingersave New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Iowa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great Idea! Id want a pro atmosphere. I would be interested in an academy that would develope me into pro material. I think if you want off that, you would get a lot of interest...

3. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Are you talking about IGM, or a theoretical place?

I know plenty of ppl who dont go to IGM that play in the MLS, and players that one day will be good enough for the MLS if they choose to pursue it.

4. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Yes but without the factory experience. This would be a small academy with a high coach to player ratio.

5. eplkewell

eplkewell Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I would love to play pro soccer in America. Is there a requirement that I have to be good to come to the academy, or will you take anyone?

6. saint10

saint10 New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    How much would this cost? Would you do any college stuff or just full time training?

7. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I only have one leg, can I still play?

8. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    lol

id love to attend your academy. i have accomplishd a lot of stuff so far in soccer but i live in canada and got a scholarship to a d1 school. Unfortunatly no one has seen me up here

9. yazoo123

yazoo123 New Member

Jun 25, 2005
    haha would love to

10. Deschamps10

Deschamps10 New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    NYC & Paris
    What type of league do you guys participate in and how many matches overall do you play ?

I'm in Europe and want to play professionally , I received an injury which forced me out of my youth club but now I'm healthy and ready to get on with it.

I'm 22 is that too old ?

11. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    To Answer some of your questions.....

The Academy would run from late April untill the end of August.

Academy would play matches in the PDL league of the USL ( 3rd Division in America ). The club would also play in US Open Cup matches with the chance of playing against USL 1st division clubs and also MLS clubs.

Friendly matches will be played against 1st & 2nd division colleges, USL 1st/2nd division clubs, at least 4 tournaments, and also European & Carribean club teams.

Summer college courses are available at local college's... Florida Atlantic University and also Indian River Community College.

The majority of your time will be based on training with at least one professional match per week and also one friendly match per week, all matches are open to scouts and also private scouting practices will be arranged for players.

Dormatories will be at a five star resort , which also houses three professional PGA golf courses for down time and also three pools for recreational time. More info can be found at KolterResorts.com

12. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Please send more info my way. I'm interested as a goalkeeper.

13. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    send me more info please but i will still be in school till june, so it wouldnt be possible to make it in april

iam interested as a left footed left midfielder, send me info if this actually happens

14. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Website and more info is comming around the 1st week of April.

15. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Website and info will be up and live in one , two weeks tops.

Academy is going to have an affiliation with two European 1st division clubs and will also offer top quality coaching via ex Premiership and MLS players.

The club that academy students will be placed into will also house a few select ex National players as well.

16. philinho

philinho New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Newcastle
    I'd give it a look - the website nearly ready?

17. Minor*Threat

Minor*Threat New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    My house
    I am desperate (as many other hopefuls are at my age) to get scouts to look at me, I don't worry about the training I just want the oppurtunity to get looked at by profesional coaches, I live way out here in Cali and am about to graduate high school in about a month so anythings possible, but if I would commit to this I would have to know if you guys are legit because I have been to some of these things before and they all have come up as wastes of time. So if you are serious, I would love to check it out.

18. Deschamps10

Deschamps10 New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    NYC & Paris
    anything yet ?

19. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    We are very,very,very close to putting this thing out to the public.

Right now we have slowed the process down a bit as we are making sure that every aspect of this academy/club is top notch, thus slowing the process down to ensure that no detail is missed.

I appreciate everyone's interest and I promise to give you early birds a special deal when everything is up and open to the public

20. FuTbALLeR8395

FuTbALLeR8395 New Member

May 15, 2006
    Anaheim
    I am very interested in doing this. I am only 14 but i have asked my mom and talked to her about it, she said it would be fine for me to go to something ike this in a year or two. I have a deep passion for socer and a great love for the game. I think i would be very dedicated as i am now.
    I need to make sure you guys are legit. Not some kidnappers or anything, lol. Since i would be under 18 and still in highschool i would need supervision(to an extent). I am not going to be handed over by my parents to somone who dosen't have there act together or is serious about this. This would need to be all planned out, not a situation where i get dropped off and am told "go". Please contact me with further information as i would love to participate in something like this.

21. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    So is this thing up and running yet?

22. Phillip13396

Phillip13396 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Grand Rapids,MI
    Will this program be running in another 2 years???

23. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    I'm sure if you ask many people they would say that this program won't even start for another two years. The work involved is so detailed that it's takin' a long time, however this week will have everything "live" for the public to view.

The company that owns this academy was working on a stadium arrangement that probably wouldn't of been in effect untill 2008, however some fortune has come our way and it seems like our first year will see us using the stadium in much larger capacity then orginally thought.

It's all finally here...I and my staff appreciate the wait by you guys on here.

24. skamikazi

skamikazi New Member

May 3, 2006
    Rochester, New York
    I like the idea. Personally, I don't know if I would be able to play at that level, even though I play daily and for quite some time. Any idea what the price would be?

25. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Website go's live at 12:01 am tonight...finally !