Wanna Be In A Duran Duran Video? (LA peeps only)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Footix, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Must be available Tuesday (2 Sept) afternoon through late night, no pay, non-union. It'll be a concert setting, and you'll get some kind of gift on the way out (like a CD or shirt, etc.).

This pass will allow you to bring one friend as well.

First IM to me gets in.

2. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Damn! That was quick. Passes are gone, thanks for playing.

3. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to to think, that was the question I have been waiting all my life to hear.

4. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    I am like the biggest Duran Duran fan in the world and you didn't wait until i was awake to tell me this?!?!! oh my god. At least tell me where I can scope it out.

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    time well spent, clearly. ;)

While were on obsessions, Footix, any chance you could get Serg in a BBmack video?

6. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Serg is the BBMak-Daddy. Since he's already way too familiar to TRL viewers from his hundreds of appearances in Times Square with his "Deee-Lite Re-unite" sign, I'm guessing video directors would consider him overexposed.

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Most people don't know this, but Serg got his start in drumming in a S Club 7 cover band. Heady days, those.

Speaking of TRL, I sat in a chair right behind Carson Daly at a private incubus concert at sony studios. I was tempted to make a Jennifer Love Hewitt comment, but I decided better of it.

8. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    you know, this isn't true. I just emailed the person I know with the band. How can they be in L.A. when they're still in England recording their cd?

Nice try.

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Not that he needs me to defend him, but...

I didn't accept the offer, so I can't say if it's true or not, other than I believe in the person making the claim 1) because he's not a punk and 2) why would you make this up? He wasn't selling the pass, was he? What possible benefit is there for him if this is fake?

Also, ever notice that some people don't read in english anymore. Being in a duran duran video, and being with duran duran in a video are 2 different things. How do you know they weren't going to shoot an audience on a blue screen and edit the band in?

10. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    If you know people with the band, why do I have several IM's from you begging for info on the shoot location? That seems very weird and stalk-y.

Go check the original post. Does it say "concert" or "concert setting"? Does it even say the band would be there?

Get a grip.

11. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Ha! I guess I was typing as you were posting this. The fact that you understood proves to me that I didn't type the original post in Chinese. Ironically, the guy who asked for the pass (because his girl digs DD) wrote back to say that she's unavailable to go. I'll be damned if I'll offer it out again.

It's kind of sad, but someone warned me about offering stuff like this on these boards last year, saying that there would be all kinds of sour grapes-type people who can't handle losing. It's unfortunate, because there are cool things like pre-release film screenings that film companies would love to show to the same demos who go to soccer games or watch TV soccer that could be arranged here, but this is proof that the guy who warned me was right.

12. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    it's not sour grapes....it's honestly not happening.

I know someone who works VERY CLOSELY with John Taylor (the bass player). I've known her for quite some time now. I emailed her and she said there was no video being filmed this week.

13. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Now I get it.

A couple people forwarded me some examples of Ms Northend's previous dramatic work in other threads on other boards.

Looks like Ted C's got some competition in the "I'll make the most outrageous statement" department around here.

14. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the word "stalkeriffic" for cases like this. Not taking sides on the issue, just saying that it's a good word.

15. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Aimer's just angry that she won't be able to get her shirt stained. And no Aimer, the guy that had you toss his salad that took the tickets to the concert, doesn't count as an inside track to the band.

16. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    This is getting stoopid. Sad to say, but this is the first ever locked thread on this board.

Aimer-if you have any further problem with this issue, PM me.

17. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    It's still unlocked - yay!

18. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Suffern, NY
    Locked at moderator's request.