Walker

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Mathis is a God, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    How do you guys like him so far? I forgot to congraulate you on pulling off one of the most lopsided trades in MLS history. Getting the best goalie in the league for a worthless draft pick, I almost want to see the Metrostars lose for being so dumb.

2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I don't know about best goalie in the league but we're happy to have Jonny. He's played well but suffered from some defensive breakdowns in front of him.

3. Tyree

Tyree Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Columbus, Ohio
    He shouldn't feel very out of place then comming from Metros.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I just feel sorry for him.

5. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    What? You've predicted Crew to win every match they've entered into this season. Surely they've just been unlucky.

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I've predicted my share of losses. It's only the past month I've predicted them to win each time. And more or less that's just me trying to convince myself to watch the game.

Saturday my roomate was trying to convince me to leave the game early to catch a 830 showing of Batman Begins (slightly disapointing, imo). I told him I couldn't till the game was over and I'd meet him up there. He kept on saying, "The game doesn't mean anything. They are terrible. They won't win, and you watchging it anymore is just a symbolic gesture."

I could not really argue.

7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Honestly, I look at the schedule and I'm not sure I back Crew to win another game this season.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    There is a pretty good chance I will be there on the 20th, though I have no idea why, I fully expect a disasterous loss.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    The only games left on the schedule worth watching will be against RSL and Chivas. Every other team in the league I'd back for 2 and in some cases 3 goals. What makes all of this worse is that I'll be spending $70 to go and watch Crew get roasted by Fire. All the while I could sit at home on the cheap and still watch it.

10. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    But then you wouldn't get to see Becks and an Over-the-Hill Figo.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'm suprised that L'pool are going to let him play. You'd think on the verge of a move RM wouldn't want to risk injury.

Besides, I'm just going to that I can sit next to Kryptonite for 8 hours.

12. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina
    For the contact high?

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Actually, we'll be discussing his plan developed to combat Iraqi insurgents, and subsequently invade Syria and Iran simultaneously.