Walker Given to Columbus for ????

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Metrosuccess, Jul 1, 2005.

1. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Your original statement said there is an appearance of nepotism.

So how would you like to be judged on what may appear to be when there is no proof?

To keep the record clear I was very sorry to see Rico go. Loved the possible upside of this young US player. If he pans out for the Galaxy, great. He did not really fit at any one position and Bob tried it at a few. Many will disagree with me on that.

Flores had some potential but not for the center of the field. Did not have the body or toughness for it.

2. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

He had a fantastic game last night. But for the first third of the season, he was very poor.

As for Davis, look supposedly he had burned bridges here. And he did the same in Dallas. So I can't comment on him. I'm just dissapointed that, what we got back, Magee, is really ending up to be a bust.

At least we gave up Clark for Youri, who has been classy.

In regards to Szetela. The kid would have been a Metro if he had signed with mLS in the off-season. However, he decided he wanted Europe, big money, etc. He failed to get the contract, and he came back here. Instead, he goes to C-bus, and he's pissed off we didn't give up Guevara or Gaven for him. Screw that.

3. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Did anyone, and I mean anyone ever take the Guevara or Gaven for Danny seriously? To me that meant only one thing. Go away. We dont want to trade Danny. Unfortunately for Danny and the US the tutelage of Droolis will go a long way to ruining Danny, just like Kyle and Edson. Lets hope Chad can survive.

4. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. So who is going to be the backup? That Ueltschley guy is hurt too.

5. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    So is Kenny Arena. What's your point?

The fact is MB, a converted AM, played only decently as a DM, so he did not even "start off like a house afire here." RC has more experience as DM but he is also young enough to get even better. And don't talk about salary. How much more does RC make? If they worry about salary, why bringing in Meola?

In the cases of KA and MB, there were definitely some nepotism. It's not necessarily so bad as sometimes pedigree does come through but don't deny it.

6. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    Very poor?? Even in not so good games, he's no worse than 17-yr old MB, but he's capable of much better games.

So if we didn't give up Clark, AEG would strike us down cold for even mentioning Youri, right? Thanks to your wisdom now the world know Clark was the single, biggest roadblock for us to get Youri.

7. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Are you saying Kenny came out of Bradenton?

8. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Danny Szetela sucks. Where exactly has he shown that he is even worth a bag of old soccer balls? We don't need him. Let him rot on the Canaries' bench.

9. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

What are you talking about my friend. Seriously, I can't imagine coming to the conclusion you just stated, from what I said, ever. Maybe if you haven't figured it out, until Lalas came, we were running under a strict budget, we couldn't go out and buy anyone we wanted like the Galaxy.

The allocation we got back from SJ for Clark, went partially to obtain Youri (200k allocation, youri's contract supposedly is around 125 to 150k). That's the reality. I didn't say it was good or bad, that was just the reality. Youri has ended up being a VERY VERY classy player. And I think for someone like Gaven or Abbe, is a very good influence. And Clark was one of the few tradable commodities we had on the team (other than Gaven).

My guess is that Bradley felt that the offense inconsitency needed to be fixed, so he made the trade. And honestly, MB has been better defensively than Clark was all of last year. Clark was good at the playoffs, but that was because of his offensive forays, which kept the other team off-balance. We still gave up so many transition goals to United, it wasn't even fair. So far this year, MB has been very good at that very defensive position. Hard work, shoring up a lot of the problems we've had. We don't need him to be an offensive dynamo.