Wales Vs Northern Ireland [R]

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by simonb_nyc, Oct 8, 2005.

1. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Great match. Lots of goals. Shame we didn't qualify.

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    do not post match results in thread titles.

3. IrishGary

IrishGary New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Cork, Ireland
    YESSSS!! oh my god that was sweet! thank you wales for shutting those annoying Northerners up. All they had was one fluky win over england and a win over eleven camels(Azerbaijan) and they think they are world beaters! :rolleyes: Wats the weather like down past the top 100?? :D
    Go on you real boys in green!!

4. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Taking N.Ireland as a rival now? you might end up like them in the same boat and stay at home during the world cup :D

5. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey
    You're pathetic. The Setanta Cup built bridges between north and south, fans from the North start to sympathise with the south, fans in the Republic start to dig their hatred towards NI, unfortunately some people prefer being stuck in time and keep the sectarianism in sports going.

As for this game: Wales deserved it because of their play, but NI had deserved a penalty in the last minute. Clear handsball that was in the Welsh penalty area. But we saw two teams with nothing to lose, and that often gives the best games. Both teams played attacking football and made it a spectacular game with chances and goals on both sides. The audience was the true winner.

And I liked it when everyone here on the streets was pointing plastic sheep towards the Welsh fans :D As for what they told, they would put the sheep's behind legs in their wellington boots and... ah, you get the picture :p

6. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey
    They will. France is on a distinguished road and won't throw it away now. North and South together in front of the TV next summer :D And the Southerners don't have a win vs England to somewhat save their pride :p

7. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    i thought we (northern ireland, obviously) should have got a draw at the VERY least from the game.
    we let in 2 sloppy goals in the first half, came back very well in the 2nd and were denied 2 clearcut and blatant penalties by the dutch referee.
    giggs's freekick was good and the welsh had the better 1st half, we had the better second.

hello gerrit by the way :)

as for irishgary, another barstooler (west ham)? or another post "english jack" gloryhunter? or indeed both? since the official FAI colour is blue there is only one "real boys in green" my friend.

8. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I sometimes feel with people like Irishgary that why would people from the north want to be part of the south if they'll just see you as dirty infearior northerners.