Wales (R)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Im no having a dig or anything just being honest.
    Hartson does score more, but he doesnt have the same partnership with larsson and in just about every european game he has played in for us he has vanished, Sutton on the other hand can boast goals against the likes of Ajax and juve and more than a fair few against Rangers, He rises to the big occasions more than Hartson.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Congratulations to the Welsh on their fine win yesterday. Although I am now a fan of Italy (my husband was born there after all), I have a soft spot for Wales, having spent some time there in my childhood - and, as they are perpetual underdogs, I normally cheer for them (just not yesterday). I hope they qualify (alongside Italy). If they continue to play that well, they should do so.

I didn't see the match, but I know the Italians were nervous going in about having to play an in-form team when they have been in such poor form recently. It sounds like they played nervously - and paid for it against a confident Welsh side.

3. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    Da iawn!
    It would be great to see Wales play a friendly with the Nats at RFK.

4. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    i would love to see the US national team. Ive followed them at every world cup since 94 and they are my second favourite national team behind Wales. Although Id prefer it to be at the Millenium Stadium.

5. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
  6. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    If you look at the records of each player there is no comparison. For Celtic.
    Chris Sutton has started 51 games in the SPL and scored 20.
    John Hartson has started 27 games in the SPL and scored 22.
    As well as this there is nobody in the world better in the air than John Hartson. Whilst I appreciate Sutton may get more assist that is a hell of alot of assist to rival Hartsons record.

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Sutton is much more than goals though, hes constantly making himself a pain in the arse for the opposing defenders, and he is better in the air than bbj :)
    His best goals come from headers, most notably the ones against juve(the volley was a close second) and ajax.

8. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    After a few days of confusion. Fifa have decided to back clubs over Wales putting 5 first team players in doubt for the game against Azerbajin. Birmingham Pimp David Sullivan decided that his team were uncapable of winning a game without 1 played, so wouldnt stop crying for 2 weeks until he got his own way.
    Im gutted, what a bunch of W*NKERs.

9. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Wales have a massive injury crisis heading into Wednesdays game with Azerbajain. Wales really are struggling with injurys espesially because of Bobby Robson and Steve Bruce.
    Wales will be without

possbily the 2 best defenders:
    Delaney and Gabbidon who are both struggling with injuries.

Definatly out are:
    Matthew Jones
    Robbie Savage
    Mark Pembridge
    Andy Johnson
    Jason Koumas

all midfielders and we only have Simon Davies fot for that posoition so we are mssing 5 of our 6 best midfielders. As Giggs play on the left sid eof the strikers.

As well as them Nathan Blake and gareth Talor are both injured.

I expect Gary Speed will be brought into midfield because of the lack of players there.

Expected team if Gabbidon and Delaney recover.

Jones
    Delaney
    Gabbidon
    Page
    Melville
    Davies
    Robinson
    Speed
    Earnshaw
    Hartson
    Giggs

Any changes could be Page starting as sub, Weston or possibly Barnard at left back and Gabbidon moving intot he centre of defense.

10. cardiff27

cardiff27 New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    london
    bowen

he has played for the mighty cardiff city for 5 years now

I just went down today from london to see ghim score 2 of the 4 past a helpless huddresfield

As a lad who went to finland (cracking weekend) and home to Italy (we will qualify), best site is:

http://www.dragonsoccer.co.uk/

BTW, ex resident of south carolina, are the charleston battery still going?

11. port talbot #1

port talbot #1 New Member

Jan 1, 2003
    mothership 1
    welsh football on the up

WALES WALES
    what a start , cant believe it we are top of the group what a change mark hughes has made.
    and not only that we are the best supported team in europe. Azerbajain home and we sold out the first day tickets were on sale 72,000 .we deserve to be in a major finals. just maybe the time is now
    the boys have been in top form lets have it

hartson much better than sutton
    gabbidon pure class in the making

12. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CYMRU yeh can;t believe they are top of the table. One question for anyone in Southern California. Any bars that might be showing any of the future welsh qualifying matches or am I gonna have to go back and re enroll at UW Bangor to see the matches??

13. port talbot #1

port talbot #1 New Member

Jan 1, 2003
    mothership 1

i think your going to have to come to gods country to watch the game bbc2 wales .your welcome to come just need welsh passport not one of them funny british ones wont get you over the severn bridge any more

come home to a real fire , buy a cottage in
    WALES

come on the lads