Wake vs ND R

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by uksailmaker, Dec 8, 2007.

1. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Does anybody have any audo or streaming for this match.

Following on Gametracker burt would love to see or hear it.

32 min in 1st half ......0--0....ND seems to being defending

shots ...wake ..6 and ND ..1]

corners..Wake 4 and ...ND ..1

2. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    44min

0-0

shots.....wake....9..... ND....1

SEEMS WAKE IS ATTACKING AND ND BUNKERED LOOKING FOR THE COUNTER

COULD BE ANOTHER VT vs UCONN

3. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Half Ends Same As Above Post

CANT WAIT FOR A LIVE REVIEW

4. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
  5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Yoshinaga should take the ND corners, not Lapira.

6. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
  7. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    56 min....shots... wake 10.....ND ...3

SOG...wake ..5.....ND...0

8. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    90 minutes are done.

Wake 13 shots; Notre Dame 6. Corners were 7 for Wake and 4 for Notre Dame. Only 2 saves the entire game - both by Notre Dame.

To OT it goes.

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    PKs almost seem inevitable.

10. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    PK ---Advantage? WF - maybe, I like Edwards over Cahill (don't think ND will bring in Quinn). Bigger question is shooters. ND?WF? Too close to call.

11. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Wake wins on a goal by Austin da Luz with 3 minutes left in OT. Wake Forest vs. Virginia Tech next Friday in the College Cup. Seems like the right result given the run of play most of the night. Marcus Tracy with the assist.

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    dumb question - not going to PK, WF wins.

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ...and then.

14. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    A nice little slip pass by Tracy and da Luz made no mistake tucking it into the corner.

Wake vs. VT will be a heck of a semi-final!

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Congrats to Wake Forest. At this point, you have to consider them favorites to win it all given that...

A) The only team to beat them this year (twice) was long-since eliminated.

B) They are the only team in the College Cup that's been to the Final Four before. I don't mean recently, ever.

C) The Final Four is practically a home game for them.

D) I didn't pick them to win it all or make the final, which means they've avoided my dreaded pick of death. That's a tough thing to have to overcome. Ask UConn and IU.

Doesn't mean they will win it, but they are the odds on favorite.

16. mccartymick

mccartymick New Member

Dec 8, 2007

Looks like ACC has 2 in Final 4 and if on difference side of brackets 2 would be in Finals

I thought we would have BC vs Wake and the way in which maryland lost winning 2-0 in 88 min to BU maybe Maryland shuld have been the 3 in Final 4

17. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Eh, VT and Wake played to a hard fought tie earlier in the season. The game was at VT, but it was very competitive. And if OSU is another Top 15 team still in the field. Hard to call anyone a favorite when you are talking about teams that would be no worse than a 3 seed in a 64 team tourney. One thing I do like about Wake's team is that they get contributions from so many different players on both offense and defense.

18. mccartymick

mccartymick New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    good info

REP

19. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    I believe the stat most often cited as evidence of being overrated is that the ACC has only won 3 of the last 11 titles. You can debate the merits of whether that is a worthy stat to prove the point.

All I know is that neither Wake nor VT had their positions this year handed to them on a silver platter. VT had to beat a pretty good Cal team at home, ODU (no slouch) and who many though was the best team in the field - UConn - on the road. Wake has faced three Top 25 teams from the end of the regular season poll - Furman, WVU and Notre Dame (and none of them were easy games).

20. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    While I don't believe that Sandon's post is directed solely at me, I don't think that the ACC is strong as they have been in years past when they had 1 or 2 dominant teams. So, I'm comparing ACC against themselves and the competition that they face.

I don't believe that there is any team this year that is dominant.

21. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Not sure what a "dominant" team is? But you can't look at the body of work by either Wake or VT over the course of the season and state you are all that surprised they've made it this far.

22. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    WF is not a surprise. VT surely is. Watching them play over this season, I did not think that they could beat CT, I thought that Cal or Brown (which ODU beat) could be tough games.

23. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    They were the 11 seed in the entire tournament. They lost 3 games all season and 2 of those were to the No. 1 seed in the NCAA tourney. The other was in their first game of the season. They beat the following teams this year:

Tulsa (away)
    Maryland
    St. John's
    Clemson
    UNC

They had a lot of ties against really good opponents - Maryland, UVa, Wake, Dook, etc.

Hard for me to see how this is a "surprise" unless you were expecting the Final Four to be BC, Wake, UConn and Indiana and anything else would be a surprise. I get that VT is not dominant, but their results this season don't suggest a team you should be all that surprised to see get this far.

Maybe it is the use of the word surprise. UIC, Bradley and UMass would be surprises. OSU, Wake and VT aren't IMO.

24. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I base it upon what I've seen of VT,

Good game, saw on TV.
    Was there, ACC - MD was just over-matched

SJU was inept, Landers was hurt and Soroka wasn't effective - great strike by Edmans
    They aren't very good this year
    MD was better in this game
    Good game, sloppy defense at the end by UVA, let VT back in the game. I wasn't at the WF or Duke games
    With VT in a bracket with CT, Brown, Cal, South Florida - I didn't expect them to be in the final four. I applaud them and congratulate their fans, but yes, I was surprised.

Bradley, UIC and UMass - I'm shocked.

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm really happy and excited for Virginia Tech, but I'm not surprised by their success in the tournament(look under my username). The team is still continuing to improve. I think the ACC is still a great conference and much better than most, but I think a couple of the different names at the top and teams that returned a lot not finishing where they were expected made it easier for people to question things. If anything was surprising or disappointing from the ACC, it was Boston College losing to UMass, but the other results weren't too surprising. Other than BC, Maryland fans are probably the most disappointed with their team(and maybe a call) after how the season played out and the run they made at the end.Boston College 7-1-0 21 15-5-1 Wake Forest 6-1-1 19 18-2-2 Duke 4-3-1 13 11-8-1 Virginia Tech 3-1-4 13 12-3-5 Maryland 4-3-1 13 10-5-5 North Carolina 3-5-0 9 7-8-5 Clemson 2-6-0 6 7-11-1 Virginia 1-5-2 5 12-8-2 NC State 1-6-1 4 6-9-3