WAFF Championship 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Irakien, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

There was no parking the bus what so ever, the only time we have parked the bus was against Spain, don't try to make Iran to a superior side, it was an even match it could have ended anyway

2. Thulfiqar

Thulfiqar New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yea i dont think iraq played defensively in any part of the game. Only teams that you would play defensively against are those that will dominate and Iran is def not one of them. Not saying iran isnt good but isnt at the level of european teams

Now that I think about it iraq didnt do so bad against the champions of the world spain... a 1-0 loss isnt too bad and they also had some chances of scoring

3. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We clearly have different interpretations of the match. And Iran is a superior side (only slightly so, in all fairness). I already said it was an even match that could've ended differently. Iran obviously dominated possession the entire match, and it's not because Iran is that much better, but rather due to Iraq's strategy of defense and counterattack. Not sure how that wasn't clear, but oh well. I can't wait for the next match against Iraq; sure to be equally full of excitement, and I look forward to seeing Iraq in action with all its stars!

4. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good game guys, Iraq really gave us a run for our money. It was a close match and a draw have been a fair result.

Best of luck in the AC. I predict Iran and Iraq making it out of the group.

5. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't know whats worst that Iran wins it for the 5th time or that kuwaits b team take it?

Anyway 2-0 for Kuwait so far

6. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    This result confirmed our weak performances during the last matches. I hope that our players and sidka will step up their game. We have got a long way to go..