Wacom tablet

Discussion in 'Art & Architecture' started by Degtyarev, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Degtyarev

Degtyarev Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Fryslân
    I'm thinking about getting myself a tablet. I'm studying architecture and like to draw a lot, so I was thinking about digitizing everything and buy a tablet.
    I'm not sure about the size though. The tablet is only gonna be used for sketches and not for Cad applications. So it hasn't got to be an A3. I really don't want to spend that much money on it.

Is an A5 tablet gonna be big enough to draw on? A friend of mine uses an A6 for video editing and just for surfing etc. I found it a bit too small. (I sketched a bit on it in Paint.)

Wacom Graphire 4 Classic XL A5
    http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=313019

2. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    You could always just cut a couple sheets of paper to the size of the tablet and try out the size that way. If you're used to doing small sketches, then it should work. If not, you may find it too cramped.

The tablets I've used in the past have all been small, but everything I did on them was small as well -- clipart and small illustrations for print. Nothing grand or even all that detailed.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting you brought this topic up as I was planning on looking at some. I'll report back on my findings.

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I purchased a tablet this past Monday and it's not bad. I'm not sure how accurate you are looking for sketching and I haven't retouched any photos as of yet.

5. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Takes some getting used to, but get one. It's gotten very affordable and it's useful.