w0o! Expansion forum!

Discussion in 'NWSL Expansion' started by SiberianThunderT, Jul 19, 2009.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I wouldn't call it a rivalry persay; rather most sports fans in STL view KC as a bit of a joke. I personally love visiting the city, I really like the cultural stuff, but admittedly when I think of the Wizards or the Royals (and those are the only two pro teams they have, right?).... yeah, jokes.
    If KC got a WPS team before WPS returned to STL.... that's just salt in the wound. MAJORLY.

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    *blows dust off thread*
    Well, I know a lot of people are bummed about BAY folding, and CHI is still a question mark, but I think to mitigate the bad news, it's worthwhile to point out that (besides the fact 2011 is a go,) there's still talk about DAL, LA, TOR, & SEA (end of the article). Toronto is the only current option somewhat close to the remaining six/seven teams, but I remember someone (I think it was Andy of BOS?) pointing out that travel didn't affect the bottom line that much, so I would think any additional expansion would be good. Even getting half of those groups to become official expansion in the next year would pretty much guarantee a 2012 season, and to me 2012 would be a huge accomplishment and possibly a turning point for the league. =-)