W-League for 2003

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by fanmaster, Oct 26, 2002.

1. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    Not much to report, mostly rumors but all confirmed - the KY Fillies are not returning for 2003, the KC Mystics are also not returning, this is huge surprise as they housed many International players. Where is Dominguez going to play this year?

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    Dynamites de Laval

Rumour has it that the franchise could be resurrected after approval from the "head honchos" next week. Will they be able to entice their players back?

4. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    Re: Dynamites de Laval

which franchise?

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: Re: Dynamites de Laval

the dynamites of laval....fanofall put the name in her subject heading... :)
    i highly doubt it. i remember reading an article on RDS maybe in early september that stated that they did not field a team in the w-league last season, but proomised their player to play some type of "exhibition" type schedule, but the people in charge did not come through with it...and they did not play at all. the article also mentioned a few players who played for laval before last season, and they said they wouldn't think of returning if it's the same ppl in charge, and that they did a bad job in managing etc...

plus, some of their "big stars" that played with them for the '01 season have moved to other w-league teams...isabelle morneau and mc dion are with ottawa, and cindy walsh plays for toronto...i doubt any of those 3 players will move back to laval, given their current situation...we'll see?

elaine

6. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    St. Louis???????

Hey,
    I'm just wondering if there were any rumors floating around about St. Louis getting a team???

7. Mandi

Mandi New Member

Sep 22, 2002
    Muskogee, Ok
    hey, i was wondering if there were any teams in oklahoma, close to tulsa maybe? or near ft. smith, arkansas? if you can tell me, thanks!

8. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    Re: St. Louis???????

St. Louis IS getting a PDL team, but nothing yet on a W-league

9. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    Oklahoma had a team the past two years (at least), they folded this year (might be a rumor but probably true), I think they were in OK city but I guess I don't know, it was the Oklahoma Outrage.