VSR 2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Dear_Claudio, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    OK, nerds. Here we are again. Glad to see some familiar faces and experienced managers in the second tier for this upcoming season.

1 Hazmat FC managed by @Dear_Claudio
    2 ChrisSuttonsSlippers managed by @frasermc
    3 blechs dawgs managed by @blech
    4 FC Weymouth managed by @Morrison8312
    5 Denoc75 managed by ??????
    6 Real Newark managed by @bobfest
    7 Sasha Juniors Tom Johnson managed by @tarvinodos
    8 FC St. Pauli Scott King managed by @scottk964

Couldn't find Dennis confirming for himself in any of the threads, so I don't know his username.

But let's get down to brass tacks. We need to get a draft date set and proclaim any unavailabilities. I'm going to a festival the 24th, 25th and 26th but I will be fully available to draft via my phone.

The league kicks off on Saturday, August 8. That's 24 days.

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  2. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    At first glance I read the above as 'faeces' ... :mad:

I had the gloves off ready for 12 rounds. :D

Dennis has confirmed so we are full and good to go. I will be away at our lodge up the coast between 1st-8th August. Internet access will be severely limited for me but I should still be able to get the odd message through.

Ideally would like to be up and running before then so I don't hold up proceedings too much although I will always proxy at any available opportunity.

3. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Am pretty much open. What is the preferred start date even with the Dust League sort out going on?

4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I'd prefer later than earlier. I was going to suggest the weekend of the 25 or 26 if people will be around (and that works for the festival goers :) ), but I'm fine waiting until early the following week if the weekend isn't good for anyone. I suspect we wI'll move quickly with the group.

5. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Greetings all. I'm looking forward to the season. I will be available for the entire time so whatever you come up with will work with my schedule. I guess later would help the Dust situation settle.

6. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That weekend is probably the target, being that it's 2 weeks before the start of the season.

I don't know how most of this league is, but most people tend to have weekends off... not that drafting during the week from work isn't more fun:D

7. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Maybe we start on a Thursday in case people are busy with activities. My guess is that it might take a week to complete.

8. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Dust is full now so it's full steam ahead for all leagues.

bobfest repped this.
  9. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Let's go with that unless there are any objections. 23rd it is then...?

frasermc repped this.
  10. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thursday 7/23 works for me. Can we know the draft order on Tuesday for planning purposes?

11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I'd still prefer to start next weekend at the earliest. There's no rush to start this week with no stated unavailability the following week. And if anyone isnt going to be around on the weekend so we wouldn't move anyway, then let's just wait until Monday 8/27. The draft will be 7 days at the most, likely 4-5. The later we wait, the better.

No objection to setting the draft order anytime now. Having that now would be great.

12. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    starting whenever is good with me. I will be travelling all day 7/27 and 8/2, but should have some internet in between those days.

13. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I see your point. If scottk isn't going to be around Monday, then perhaps Tuesday morning (7/28) would be best. Even if the draft took a full week, that would leave 4-5 days for pre-season movement.

How does everyone want to determine the draft order? I agree with blech that the sooner the better for that.

14. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought there was a program or something that randomizes the order. That's what happened last year in Sand. Perhaps we should ask on the Organizing Thread. Has someone created the league on the PL site?

15. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Just google fantasy sports random draft generator. There are several free ones available. Just put in the number and names of teams and the email for the manager of each team, hit submit and the generator sends an email to everyone with the draft order.

bobfest repped this.
  16. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #16 Dear_Claudio, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    I created the league. I'll send the codes now. Does anyone have Denoc75's email address?

Let's have some someone from outside VSR (Hal?) run the generator for us.

EDIT: I remember this from past years, but tarv can't accept conversations for some reason... so I'll need your email to get you the code.

17. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I have all the VSR League Managers' email addresses except for FC Weymouth. Who is setting up your draft? I'll send him the contacts.

18. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I am slightly uncomfortable with starting as late as the 28th. I'm on a family holiday from the 1st - 8th August. No internet as it is out in the wilderness of the north east coast of England. I think I will be able to check in from time to time but I will be severely restricted.

I'd be much happier if we had managed to get through most of the draft before I left on the 1st. However, if everyone else is happy with that start date then I'll muddle along somehow/some way.

Also, I agree that we should get the draft order officially listed asap. :thumbsup:

20. Morrison8312

Morrison8312 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be available the entire time. Excited to get started.

Also, Hal has my contact info.

21. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #21 Dear_Claudio, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    I guess it's me :D

You can forward me the contacts to the new email address I gave you. Thanks Hal.

I will run the randomizer as soon as I have everyone's email.

Fair enough. scottk will be traveling Monday but says he's fine with starting whenever.

So let's settle on Saturday morning (7/25). Unless there are any objections henceforth, we'll get going this weekend.

22. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    First time to pick first

23. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You were second last year, picked Costa.... and got relegated.

:eek:

Going first is over-rated; 14 other good players get taken by the time you get a second throw at the dartboard.

24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The fix is in... :mad:

I'm up for the challenge though. :thumbsup:

25. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Won't pick Costa again.
    7 points was all that it took to not be relegated. Could have been those -4 transfer penalties or more likely the Lobo Blue Haze that took Girourd and Mane from my squad and got them on his.