VSR 2011_12 Season Transfers / Banter

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Aug 13, 2011.

1. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good season, everyone. FCTB - let's tear it up in Small Rocks next year.

A reflection on the season... I obviously kept van Persie all year, but besides him, nobody I drafted was on my roster in week 38.

Drafted team:
    GK: Robinson (last known GK available - I didn't prioritize keepers)
    GK: Moreira (who???)
    D: Vidic (on bench first couple months, then got a good month out of him before tearing ACL)
    D: O'Shea (was SUN captain and supposed to start regularly?)
    D: Lescott (had good 3/4 of season before missing a month and therefore dropped)
    D: De Laet (who???)
    D: Dawson (seemingly injured throughout)
    M: N'Zogbia (disappointing, to say the least)
    M: Taarabt (good when he started but usually on bench)
    M: Adam (good first half then disappeared)
    M: O'Hara (good couple months until hernia)
    M: Barton (worth a round 14 pick, but didn't stay on roster long)
    F: Van Persie (justified overall #1. Proud of this pick)
    F: Odemwingie (I think he was on my team for 4 different stints, but never when he scored)
    F: K Jones (is he still in the league?)

2. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wow!!.... that is interesting . Might have to go check mine out now too. I have a feeling there will not be too many stalwarts in there neither

3. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Huge congrats to all of VSR! If it wasn't gonna be my brother winning the All Rocks League (and of course I assumed it would be), it had to be our own St. Pauli Lad, and that's an okay second-best in my mind. And damned if it didn't all work out just right in the Great Moral Quandary Massacree of 2012. I got relegated, just as I'd forced myself to hope, meaning we don't break up the remaining members of the band. No matter where I was in the league I had a gas watching the matches, looking at my scores, whether I was actively, you know, managing my team or not. It was whenever I'd sit down to make transfers that the fun screeched to a halt. I can't wait to watch what happens in the draft next season, and to sitting down to watch matches not worrying that I didn't make any moves for that stylish midfielder on Swansea or some suddenly hot Newcastle striker. Happy summer all!