Visiting Sao Paulo

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Paul_NL, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    I will be in town from monday untill friday. Any recomendations for must-do´s?

Will there be a soccer game be played? Any recomendations for games I can visit?

Thanks,

If anybody want to talk soccer for a bit, you can send me an message :)

2. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Well, São Paulo is famous for having "Brazil's best night". We may not be the best looking city in the country, or have the most stunning beaches around (well, actually we dont have any!), but the city surely has lots of awesome restaurants, night clubs, parties, museums, events, etc. Its hard to point a particular one, cause the city is huge and the options are endless. If you are into electronic music night clubs,(my case) try these ones, which in my opinion are some of the best: Manga Rosa, Vegas, Pacha, Museum, Disco, Asia 70, Bar Barbaro, Na Mata, Boogie, Happy News, Maeva, etc..

If you want something more "typical", there are a lot of very good Samba/Pagode/Axé clubs here too: Armazen da Villa, Santa Aldeia and Salinas are some of the best.

If you want to go straight to the point with the ladies (if you know what I mean): Café Photo, Bahamas and Bomboa I believe to be the best ones.

There are also a lot of great restaurants (of all kinds of nationalities), bars, concerts, etc.

About football matches, I believe the only paulista team that will be playing here is Palmeiras. Santos, São Paulo and Corinthians all have away matches this week.

Believe me you wont have trouble trying to find good stuff to do here. Be welcome.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Let me ask you how do those clubs meaning the ones you mentioned to go straight to the point with the ladies match up to Dicoteca Help in Rio?

4. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    I am not interested in meeting working ladies.

A friend of my told me he likes the bar all blacks and it´s best to go out in Vila Olimpia, Av. Paulista and some neibourghoods I forgot.

Thank you Tricolor for your recomendations, I will probally check out a few

Do you know when Palmeiras plays and where? I will be staying in a sol melia near Vila Olimpo and I hope it won´t be too far away? And is it dangerous for a foreigner(I have foreigner written all over be. I went a lot to games in Argentina, Peru and Chili so I should have a clou, but I don´t speak Portuges)

5. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Vila Olimpia is a good neighbourhood for electronic music night clubs, and Vila Madalena is a good one for bars and black music night clubs. There are also good options in a neighbourhood called Brooklin.

As I said, Palmeiras is the only paulista team with a home match this week. It will be played tomorrow (wednesday) at their home stadium in Turiassú street, in Perdizes. I dont believe its gonna be a dangerous game cause its against a very small team and the crowd will be practically 100% of Palmeiras supporters.

Best regards.

6. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    I really dont know Rio de Janeiro very well. My favorite place to travel here in Brazil is the south. Santa Catarina is awesome. It has wonderful places like Florianópolis and Praia do Rosa, with beautiful beaches and the hottest girls in the country.

7. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Does anybody know where the bar All Blacks is

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well When I was in Rio last I rememeber all the German and Dutch dudes were all over the black skinned woman which was cool for me being Mexican I was all over the light skinned Brasilenas although time to time I did get a hold of a nice dark skinned Popozuda but it was better for me that those euros liked the dark skinned woman because that dropped the price on the lined skinned woman for me!

Cheers!

9. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Sleeping with black woman. Thank god everybody is different

All Black is by the way an Irish pub but closed at 1. Nowhere there was something going on after that

10. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    It is in Oscar Freire Street, in Jardins.

11. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    I went there last night, nice place

Any more suggestions?

12. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    go to Capão Redondo, a nice little "bairro" from Sao Paulo. if u are a palmeiras fan you gonna enjoy there :D

there is no corinthians fans there, you will feel at home.

jk.

13. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    That would probally not a comfortable place for me to go

Any games tommorow?

14. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Just curious are you from the Netherlands?

15. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Yes, but living in Argentina

Yesterday I went to Love story. I have travelled quite a bit but I have never seen so many idots together. I had atleast 4 times a black or Indian looking girl asking to ******** her. I don´t see how I would want that. A blonde guy just don´t go out with girls like that.

Any good suggestions for tonight?

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

These people aren't stupid the locals know an outsider like me when I went to Rio I fit in cause I'm light tanned skinned the only thing that will blow it is when I try to use Portugese. It's funny cause when I went to Munich, Germany this past April I saw alot of those backpackers and most of them were from USA,Canada,and a couple Mexico but the German woman are very good looking cause I like mostly light skinned woman. But it's funny how people from the Americas go and see europe and how euros seem to come to the americas.

17. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Can somebody tell me where Lotus club is, if it´s nice and open today?

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    So are you digging Sao Paulo? Did you go to Murumbi yet?

19. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Not to stadium, although I go to the shopping now

Boogies, good club?

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Hey Paul just want to ask you something out of all places in South America why did you choose Argentina? I'm just curious their could be amny reasons..

21. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Love
    Nice European city
    Work
    Cheap
    Nice climate
    Nice girls
    In 2005 nice nightlife
    Good restaurants
    Educated girls
    Easy to travel to other cities in South America

Then there are:

No nightlife
    Moron guys
    Uneducated people
    Sucky buses
    Pollution
    Cartoneros
    Moron president
    Inflation
    Moron future president
    Gatos
    My ex gf

The picture is getting darker by the day, but I still like it

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Do you ever plan on going back to the Netherlands? I still have to fly and see Amsterdam I hear it's dirty their but still wanna check it out maybe I'll catch a train and see Salcido at the Phillips stadium.

23. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Salcido is doing ok, Eindhoven would be a lot better at the weekend

Amsterdam is dirty, full of foreingers, drug addicts, hookers and moronic people. But yet most foreigners have a blast there

Anyone know what you should expect to pay for a an 30/40 m2 fully furnished appartment in nice building(security, Internet, swimingpool, sauna, etc) in Jardims, Vila Olimpo, Villa Madalena or similar for 6 months in SP

24. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Dude Paul you must be one loaded Dutchman to take long vacations like this I envy you!

25. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Which are normally the months you can go to the beach?