Visiting LA and the Stubhub (1st Time!)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by phoenixhazard, Feb 20, 2015.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lived in LA for quite a long time but never made it to the HDC at the time, work was brutal, etc. Anyway, i'm coming on vacation and am stoked that I can finally see my lads at the Stubhub. I am coming for the Houston match in March.

Does anyone have any tips on where I should buy my tickets, my girlfriend will be with me. I would like to pay max $50 for a ticket (willing to go slightly higher if its really worth it). Any recommendations for coming there on game day as well? Lastly, do people expect the Houston match will be sold out (Saturday evening game).

I'm soooooo looking forward to this and the bleeding my wallet will have when I go to the Galaxy store :\

esco300, napper and TrickHog repped this.
  2. joshmartinez122

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure there will be many different opinions on where to sit from the regulars of this forum. Personally I like to sit section 132 or 133. Smack dab in the middle of the field. I tend to get really focused on the game so I don't worry too much about the "atmosphere." I know there are better fan sections throughout the stadium but that is just my preference.

Also, I just checked stubhub and the prices seem very high. Like REALLY high. Any idea why guys?

3. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So if I see someone unfurling a "Bruce out!" banner in March, that'll be you right? ;)

What's most important to you? View, atmosphere, etc?

phoenixhazard and profiled repped this.
  4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come sit with us in the Galaxy Steve section -- sections 104/105.

:)

PM If you want Galaxy Steve's email to see his seat availability and prices.

But there really are no bad seats in the place. It's all a matter of what you want to pay, etc.

And it's the first Saturday night home game, so it might have a big attendance.

dashiel repped this.
  5. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

speaking of Galaxy Steve, I sure miss his posts and he did a great job as the Galaxy Ambassador, too bad the Galaxy were clueless in that regard.

They should bring him back, he did a lot to promote events on here and its a shame my financial situation at the time was an issue, if not I would have taken him up on some of those deals.

6. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atmosphere to me is big but since it's a one off match a great view would be nice as well. I'd rather not sit in the middle of LARS or ACB, my girlfriend didn't have the best experience sitting with them in Portland (drunk falling over, etc)

What's Galaxy Steve's seats? He sells second hand?

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fell in love with those midfield seats. Anything after Row L. They're cheaper this year too.

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve has A LOT of seats in several different parts of the stadium. I always get my tickets for games from him.

9. howie1976

howie1976 Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Galaxy Nation
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've sat in every section of the stadium, from the grass seats on the field to the grass brem above GA and everywhere in between. Like others have said, there's not a bad seat in the house, just personal preference. If I won free season tickets anywhere I wanted I would actually choose the upper deck section 232 front row right on the rail. I love the perspective that the upper deck gives. You are pretty much at the same eye level as the broadcast booth which gives you a similar perspective to what you see on tv. I love the fact that you have the kind of view that will allow you to see plays develop. You're able to see an attacking play start 2 or 3 touched before hand. You also get the feel and hear the chants of the Riot Squad to your left and ACB to your right without having to deal with flags blocking your view, beer being spilled on you or drunks pissing off you and your girlfriend.

Where ever you end up, you'll have a great seat and a great time.

10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it better to sit where the cameras are, behind bench, or on opposite side of stadium? (concessions, etc?)

I am looking at Section 135 now. Do I need to be aware of anything like family sections, or anywhere I can't be loud and into the match?

Lastly, I am concerned about strike. Do you know if AXS will reimburse me if strike happens or push the ticket to a different date (which won't help me at all)?

11. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 135 is about on the 18 yard line IIRC and is a great section, very reasonably priced for the money. I will probably be buying partial plan season tickets for that section. I prefer to sit up higher where I can see the whole field better. Sometimes there are a slew of vendors in the aisles, though, and that can be a problem if you sit right on the end of the aisle, with most of the field off to your right. I recommend moving more to the center, or down lower if you like to be close to the field, where there won't be quite as much aisle traffic from vendors or fans.

Behind the benches is fine, too, but that side has all the club seats, and the concourse is more crowded, and I don't like it as much. I'm more comfortable on the side opposite the benches.

135 is pretty close to the Riot Squad, and I don't think it will be too overly family oriented. Usually families are spread out throughout the stadium.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  12. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have a great time! It's really awesome, and you should meet up with big soccer posters while you are there. Truly a nice crowd. I even had some fans offer me a ride at the airport.

TrickHog repped this.
  13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Decided to go with section 135, really looking forward to it!!!! (if the match happens :\)

Would love to meet up with any BigSoccer guys on here, if any are down!

14. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely. We will have to tail-gate with the "Fire Bruce!!" sign again.

:) :)

phoenixhazard repped this.