Viola Youth Thread

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Re Lione

Re Lione New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    LOL - That's right. It's very exciting. And also a lot of players on the youth national teams.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    That's Lepiller, right?

3. Re Lione

Re Lione New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yes Nicky, it's Lepiller :)

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Primavera beat Parma 2-0 today despite playing with 10 men (Iemmello was sent off) for about an hour and having Carraro and Babacar away with the senior side.

Goals from Lepri and Piccini.

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Primavera Girone A standings. Each asterisk denotes a game in hand so we have 3 and are right in it.

Division A
    32 Sampdoria*
    32 Juventus*
    25 Empoli*
    25 Siena*
    22 Fiorentina***
    20 Piacenza
    18 Genoa**
    18 Cagliari
    15 Parma**
    15 Sassuolo
    13 Torino*
    7 Modena**
    7 Livorno
    3 Grosseto*

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Francesco Di Tacchio, Federico Carraro and Federico Masi have been called to Coverciano for Italy's U-20 team.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Here is the Fiorentina Primavera stuff for the Torneo di Viareggio.

Martedì 2 febbraio: Fiorentina-Belasica Strumica (ore 17, stadio "M. Melani", Pistoia)
    Giovedì 4 febbraio: Fiorentina-Cesena (ore 18, stadio "F. Raciti", Quarrata)
    Sabato 6 febbraio: Fiorentina-Sanbenedettese (ore 15, stadio "G. Bui", San Giuliano Terme)

Per quanto riguarda gli ottavi di finale le gare di svolgeranno martedì 9 febbraio, i quarti gioved' 11 febbraio, le semifinali il 13 febbraio e la finale lunedì 15 febbraio.

8. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  10. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah yes sorry i should have clarified. its a cup tournament for some of the primavera teams of italian teams and some other clubs' youth teams from around the world. we have won it 8 times, the most of any other team.

11. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    8 times?! Wow That's fantastic, and since it's the most of any team, I'm guessing that Fiorentina has one of the best youth teams in Italy?

12. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we do have a good youth team but the last time we won was in 1992. we have won 8 times (so has milan i just saw) and have been runners up 7 times (more than anyone else). so it would be nice to win again :)

years we've won: 1966, 1973, 1974, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1988, 1992

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Waiting for my lady to get outta the shower (still...) so I was a little bored and trie to find out some info on that Matos guy who really impressed in some of our summer friendlies. It seems that he is one of the better young guys to get in the game Football Manager 2010, which I don't play. Anyway, I found this screenshot of his FM2010 profile in lieu of real information which is scarce.

[​IMG]

14. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I play that game from time to time, and when i played him with the first team with stats close to those he scored like 3 game winning goals for me.

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    In your game is he a striker? It seems like he is on the FM2010 stuff I have seen. Our club site lists him as an outside midfielder.

16. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes he is listed as a striker on it.

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Three of our boys; Michele Camporese, Federico Carraro and Pietro Iemmello; have been called up for Italy's U19 friendly with Serbia on September 22.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I found a good write-up on Ryder Matos, The Brasilian Messi. Says he can play as a striker, trequartista or winger. Sinisa apparently likes his game a lot and says that he just needs to improve tactically and to mature a bit.

We got him two years ago for 30k Euros.

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Italy won 3-1. Camporese was the captain and Iemmello had 2 of Italy's 3 goals. Carraro was also impressive, according to the story.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3O-hrHRY1g"]YouTube - ‪07-06-11 HiLi Primavera Fio Ata 7 6.mp4‬‏[/ame]

21. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I got lost on my way home from work at some point...

23. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I don't think that Camporese should have been counted as last man but whatever. Biondi will replace him in central defense. Agyei will replace the injured Salifu and Ryder mammajamma Matos will be back Thursday against a very good Varese side (we beat them 1-2 in the semifinal of the Viareggio tourney).

Seculin
    Piccini---Fatticcioni---Biondi---Bittante
    Agyei---Taddei
    Acosty---Carraro---Matos
    Iemmello​

Here's the link.

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    So our Primavera lost on PKs to Varese yesterday in the semifinal. Everything I read said that our boys were just exhausted from midway through the second half on, playing two straight overtime matches and considering that our Atalanta match had been pushed back a day due to rain.

Hats off to Varese, though. They went down to eight (!!!) men in the first overtime period. Three expulsions and they managed to get it to PKs.