Viola Summer 2019 Transfers & Rumors

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Badelj will be a solid addition, but I wouldn't be overly excited about it either. Bringing back guys is something I'm generally not a big fan of; hardly ever works out as well the 2nd time.

Any word on Demme? Y'all need to bring in some more mids asap.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Berge, Demme, Rongier, Diego? Rossi...

It's all really fluid right now.

3. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Berge as in Sander? I'd be all over that

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yeah, Sander.

Today the talk had all been about Erick Pulgar with the theory being that we may play with two mediani.

5. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    #80 Xylophone, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Lirola and Pulgar are some of the best players among the smaller Serie A teams, so I'm very happy with both of these transfers. Young yet experienced with Italian football, and motivated to perform in a bigger club than they've ever been at. Much better than getting left-overs from clubs at or above our size.

The question is where the Badelj & Pulgar signings leaves the other midfield names? I think we will try to get only one out of Berge, Demme & Rongier (likelihood in that exact order), while selling Dabo & Benassi. Zurkowski & Castrovilli will probably be part of the first team in 19/20. Oh, and then there's of course Tonali & Valero, who I'm not sure will come.

Attacking players? Well, I have yet to hear a really good name here. Diego Rossi would be quite the gamble, especially for a starter. Although Pulgar sort of came out of nowhere, so we might end up signing someone unexpected like Daniel Sturridge.

NickyViola repped this.
  6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    They're saying four year deal for Pulgar. Now we just need a creative type to slot in between those two.

7. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Heard the kids looked pretty good last match.

NickyViola repped this.
  8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Sottil looks set to get plenty of playing time this season. He'll be Chiesa's understudy, I reckon.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  9. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    NickyViola repped this.
  10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    In Tuesday, supposedly, Biraghi will be headed to Inter in exchange for Politano and Dimarco, a left back. :(

11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I like that move for you guys.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Do you? I think Biraghi Is the best LB we've had since Balzaretti (who Prandelli never played anyway).

Hope you're right, though.

13. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    I'd love to have Matteo Politano in case we don't buy Rodrigo De Paul. Great winger complement to Chiesa. And with a Euro 2020 spot on the line (provided that Italy qualifies,) he will probably play his heart out in 19/20.

Federico Dimarco, on the other hand, would only be a good backup option if it wasn't for the fact that Terzić is still unproven at senior level. Even at Crvena Zvezda, he only made two appearances. Let's say the swap goes through, would the youthful and inexperienced LB duo Terzić + Dimarco be too big a risk?

If we, in addition to the above swap, buy another left-back, one that's older and has many top-flight seasons under his belt, then Dimarco is superfluous. Better to swap Biraghi with Politano, and loan/buy an older left-back from another club.

NickyViola repped this.
  14. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    Reading some of the transfer rumours, like Manolo Gabbiadini, Franck Ribéry, Fernando Llorente, Dalbert, Nikola Kalinić, etc. is the stuff of nightmares...:sick:

NickyViola repped this.
  15. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #90 Hustle and Flow, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Dalbert interests me (I think he's been poorly utilized at Inter, like so many before him) , but it seems he's set on returning to France.

The rest?...nah. Just bleh stop-gaps. I say if you can't find targets that are promising young players , or players about to enter their prime, I'd just be brave and fill the gaps with the existing young players you have.

You're at zero of risk of being relegated, and names like Llorente and Ribery aren't going to move the needle and make you contenders for Europe in my books. Time to be brave and build a foundation with what you have, or at least see who can cut it at this level.

When Montella says things like: "They remained with us despite having offers because they are fascinating prospects. Vlahovic already had some chances last season, while Montiel I really admire and need a better look at after injuries. We mustn’t put too much pressure on their shoulders." , he's speaking like a manager; and 95% of managers aren't thinking about building a foundation, they're thinking about keeping their jobs.

Xylophone and NickyViola repped this.
  16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Few thoughts on Prade's recent interview:

“Biraghi wants to go to Inter, but there are many issues to be sorted out first,” sporting director Pradè told reporters in a Press conference.

“The
    counter-part in the deal was supposed to be Dalbert, but he prefers a return to Nice. It won’t be Matteo Politano.”

If Inter want Biraghi that badly, then I'd sell him. You don't necessarily have to get a LB back in a swap deal just because you sold a LB. Force their hand and take a promising prospect from them like Roma did, and just bring in more dough.

I dunno how Ranieri is viewed by Fiorentina and it's supporters, nor do I know much about Terzic, but I do know you can find a serviceable LB before the window closes if need be.

Sucks about Politano, I think he could've been a solid addition.

Another option could be Joao Mario, who they've been trying to offload all summer. He's still only 26, and was a really nice player before Inter derailed his career.

“We like Ribery very much, but at this moment he is considering his options. Unfortunately, we cannot match the wages of the Arabian or Russian clubs."

....or you could just play Sottil a ton, or sign a guy who's not ancient with 0 market value and surely to be injured most of the season. Ribery's a legend, but outside of selling shirts, this doesn't make a ton of sense for the long-term vision of Fiorentina, imo. He's not even a good leader, so I'm not sure he'd even offer veteran leadership qualities you'd want with a young core.

Nobody is talking about Giovanni Simeone, but we are not looking for a striker.”

I'm ok with this. I believe the best is yet to come from that guy. Plus KPB was brought in to help with scoring.

NickyViola repped this.
  17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Names I'd look at:

CAM/LW/CM- Dani Olmo , Dinamo Zagreb. His dad/agent have stated his desire to leave this window, and Milan's apparently interested amongst others. Tons of creativity and a rumored price around 20m.

LB- Reguilón, Madrid. This one would have to be a loan, but with Marcelo and Mendy ahead of him, I'm not sure how many minutes he'd get at Madrid this season. Really promising player, though.

CAM/LW/RW- Vignato, Chievo. Promising kid with a lot of big boys looking at him in Italy and even Bayern apparently. Don't see why you lot shouldn't get involved.

RW/RM/CM/CAM- Matias Zaracho

CM/CAM- Exequiel Palacios, River Plate

NickyViola repped this.
  18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Not a fan of Simeone at all, honestly. Montiel, Sottil and Vlahovic are exciting, though. They have a good understanding having been primavera teammates.

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I enjoy posts like this since, as I've said, I don't really ever see guys from other leagues anymore.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The ribery acquisition is really picking up speed now. I honestly haven't seen him play a match in several years. He can't be slower than Borja and Liverani were while with us and they were both very good excepting Borja's final season. That's my Rose colored glasses reaction, anyway.

21. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Apparently, Mammana is now a target. I really like the player, but he's struggled to stay fit.

NickyViola repped this.
  22. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    Reguilón was loaned out to Sevilla earlier in the summer. Their coach, Lopetegui, is the man who brought him to the first-team at Real Madrid last season. However, it is probably likely that we get a left-back from a club with an excess of players in that position. This late in the transfer window, most clubs won't be willing to let go of their starter unless the price is right. The Uruguayan wingback Diego Laxalt is being linked to Fiorentina, and he is behind Theo Hernandez & Ricardo Rodríguez in the pecking order at Milan.

NickyViola repped this.
  23. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Haha yeah, I just saw highlights of Sevilla's last match earlier today. I missed that one, my bad.

Their starter? Perhaps not, but other clubs have backups that could be your starter.

Not a fan of Laxalt, tbh, but he's serviceable at least. The rumored price tag is a turnoff, though.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How will starting 11 look?

What is the objective this season?

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Drago
    Lirola-----Milinkovic-----Pezzella-----??????
    Benassi-----Badeljj-----Pulgar
    KPB
    Ribery---------------Chiesa​

Guessing. I'm assuming Ribery still plays on the wing.

I think the unspoken goal is to get and keep the enthusiasm of the fans and to safely avoid relegation.

CarecaNapoli repped this.