Rumor: Viola Summer 2012 Transfer Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, May 6, 2012.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Toni isnt going to cut for the entire season.

2. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not sure what the point of Vecino is, he's somewhat similar Ljajic and Fernandez, though perhaps the club is willing to let the former move on if Jovetic isn't sold instead. But Monetalla seems to want another attacking midfielder, after all were linked previous with Gaston Ramirez and Alejandro Gomez and Vecino is another guy in that mold. We were hardly the only club in Europe linked with him, so assuming it doesn't fall through this is something of a coup. He's also a much better shooter than Ljajic and has a history of big goals.

Altidore on the other hand...no thanks. Guys like that who rely on their elite athleticism to make up for terrible tactical awareness and a poor first touch belong in England if they are good enough, not Italy. He'd be a set piece beast but worthless for our ground game. I think he could end up being a good player on the right team in Germany or England, it's not that he has no skill besides his skill and strength, but he's never going to be a finesse player or vert good with the ball without momentum in general.

Altidore isn't cut for Serie A.

NickyViola repped this.
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    lol

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Altidore? who would want him...

5. fightingswans

fightingswans Member

May 31, 2007
    vermont
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I disagree.

Maybe I'm being a bit of a USMNT homer, but I think Altidore has thrived at Alkmaar in a tactical system, although not exactly the same as Montella's, that is somewhat similar. I don't watch enough games to be sure, but I see some similarity in the style. Verbeek is slightly more defensive, but he has to be whereas Montella has the talent in a back 3 that he can afford to be more adventuresome.

Also, I'm not comparing their ability whatsoever. And maybe this is an unfair comparison because Altidore is clearly the inferior player, but if a player with the style of Ibrahimovic can thrive in calcio than Altidore can do it as well.

6. fightingswans

fightingswans Member

May 31, 2007
    vermont
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Also, while I'm at it. I have to take issue with Nicky's comment about selling Jo-Jo in January. You won't maximize his value with him just coming off an injury. We need to hope for a healthy second half and then wait for PSG or Man City to throw their money around in the summer.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well I did say "for big money."

fightingswans repped this.
  8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Those days are over. FFP starts this summer.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    like you swear a billionare is going to give a flying F about that.

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well it's their choice obviously. They can choose to follow the rules or not. And face the consequences.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    they will break away and start their own comp.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sure. PSG, City and Zenit can play against each other 20 times a year.

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chelsea. they can also offer more money for winning the thing their clubs have big followings....and Real and some other big teams would jump for that.

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Real Madrid run a profit. Why would they want to break away with PSG?

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    make more money.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If there is one team in favour of FFP it should be Real Madrid. You think they want City and PSG running wild with Sheik money? That's like a hot girl wanting her friends to get plastic surgery so she'll have more competiton for the hot guys. In other words, dumb.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well they will want them under control so things go back to the old way of the same teams doing stuff ie Real, Barca, Man U, Juve, Milan, Inter etc the old money teams are the ones who want to stop the young money teams who are spending like crazy who are just to get to the level of the old money teams. I find it some what hypocritical that old money teams are having problems with what new money teams are doing being that old money had done the same thing in their past. They were always able to out spend and bring it the best players because of their financial power.

Breezy4life repped this.
  18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Isn't that exactly what I was saying...

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ya i was just agreeing listing more points is all.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good stuff. So we agree you were wrong.

21. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    no they don't lol, they ask for loans from the Spanish banks constantly, so does Barcelona

unless you're cooking the books, they aren't running a profit, not even close

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  22. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Actually they do.

23. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    [​IMG]

Real Madrid would be much better off than the sheik clubs when FFP comes into effect but they aren't operating in the green.