Vince Grella

Discussion in 'Aussies Abroad' started by aussie_ascoli, May 15, 2006.

1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
  2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
  3. Bruzza

Bruzza New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Your backyard
    That piece of writing by Slater is upto a year 7's standard.

4. GreenIsle

GreenIsle Red Card

Dec 28, 2005
    Green I/Prt Douglas
    I hope we cap him soon then. :cool:

5. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Forget about the writing, its what he's writing about.

Its also great to see Fozzie giving him Credit. On the World Game he said Grella is the Key to Success, If Grella plays well Aus will play well.

Finally we are starting to see what players like Grella can do. This bloke has probably never recieved such complements before, which are all well deserved. Its not a gloriuos position, but one of high importance. He may not be a high profile player, but Aus will need him to stop players such as Kaka, and Rolandihno.

6. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
  7. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
  8. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    fozzies articles are now better now he is speaking positive :p

9. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You left out pasta, mozzarella and oregano.Unfortunately, when you eat Italian, it has to be prepared by an Italian, otherwise its not the same.Football related, I am happy with Grella's development, but he was ordinary against Holland.

10. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    If anyone wants me to make them pasta, I'll do it. I've got the home made sauce, with the tomatoes grown from my backyard. I've even got dried oregano made from the backyard. I could also top it off with home made wine.

Grella had too much to do in this game. Far too overloaded, and relied to much on him. Grella had a man marking role + he had to cover Wilkshire, due to his inexperience. Really the central back pairing, relied too much on him, offering him not much help. If Cullina was paired up with Grella, it would of been a lot easier for Grella to concentrate on his game.

Grella has had 3 outstanding games in Uru-Aus, Aus-Uru and Aus-Greece. If you based player performances on these 3 games Grella would be top or definetely in the top 3. It shows when Vinnie and Bresc have average games, Aus strugled to find possession.

11. GreenIsle

GreenIsle Red Card

Dec 28, 2005
    Green I/Prt Douglas
    You now belong to me!!!:D I can personally guarantee that we will become Australia's first same sex marriage.

12. GreenIsle

GreenIsle Red Card

Dec 28, 2005
    Green I/Prt Douglas
    Yeah but he's from Springvale in Melbourne.Wouldn't be right not hanging it Vinnie for that alone. :eek: :D You see Marco is from more of an up market area, so we can't really slam him too much.

13. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    Im one of Vinnys biggest fans.

Really good little holding midfeilder.

14. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    You was there for Aus - Grecce? Watching him was incredible, the amount of, off the ball work he does, just to cover players, and stop the runs. He's a true professional.
    The work he does is not appreciated on TV, because its off the ball play, but seeing him live, you can see his work rate. After the game at the hotel, he could barely walk.

15. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He's the sort of player who you don't notice him being there so much, but if he wasn't there, you'd notice it straight away.Does a tremendous amount of work off the ball, and covers ridiculous amounts of territory during a game.We'd be lost without him IMO.Bit worried about him playing against the team he idollises tomorrow night though.Hope ge doesn't do a Zeljko Kalac and give them what could only be described as a nudge nudge, wink wink goal. :eek:

But seriously, I'm still at a loss to understand how Kalac fumbled that.I would have stopped it.

16. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    Sure was champ.

Had a perfect view of Skokos goal. Neally had a party in my pants.

17. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

He plays against the italian NT boys all the time. He might even give totti a hello like he did against Ronaldo.

18. Aloisi_Class

Aloisi_Class New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    One of our best performers with Chipp and Neill i reckon so far, can be pretty pleased with his efforts.

19. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    ONE OF THE BEST

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19643712%5E2883,00.html

20. MVFC

MVFC New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Melbourne 5-0
    ^

Fark FIFA.

Grella, yeah good call.

No Lucas Neill? Morons. :mad:

21. nathanakata

nathanakata New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    MELBOURNE
    'The Real Vinnie' Grella Thread

Roma weigh up move for Parma's Grella

Roma are weighing up a move for Parma midfielder Vince Grella.

The Australia international is off contract at the end of this season and is expected to leave Parma. Roma sports director Daniele Prade is keen to add steel to coach Luciano Spalletti's midfield next term and rates Grella highly. He hopes for the Australian to prove his fitness in the closing games of the season before moving for the player.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=36188

22. collundo

collundo New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Re: Grella to Roma

tribal is bullshit