Villarreal vs Real Madrid La Liga Game #14 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before RM deals with Roma, they play an away game at Villarreal. Do you know what Garcia Remon's rotation policy looks like? I don't either, but if you get 5 yellow cards, you get a break. :rolleyes: As stiff as Helguerra was, I assume he will not be playing along with Zidane, Figo & Guti. Here is my line-up:

Owen------Ronaldo
    Solari----Raul---J Garcia---Beckham
    R Carlos---Samuel---Mejia---Salgado
    Casillas

And here is what GR will do:

Raul------Ronaldo
    Solari----Celades---Beckham---Juan Fran
    R Carlos---Samuel---Pavon---Salgado
    Casillas

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    well, there has been talk in AS (although I haven't read any quotes from GR or any statements by anyone from Real Madrid) that GR will use the 'copa del rey' lineup against Villarreal to ensure that none of the most important players are injured going into the crucial game against Roma, although Casillas is supposed to start. The lineup could look like this if he really decides to use the copa team:

Casillas
    Arbeloa Mejia Samuel R. Bravo
    J. Garcia Celades Borja Solari
    Morientes Owen​

As MadridForever said in another thread, it's risky - it's an away game and Villarreal are a good team. I have full confidence in Owen and Morientes to get the job done up front. Solari always seems to play well but I'm not too excited by Borja. I believe that in the last copa game J. Garcia actually played on the wing which is out of position for him. Mejia is an underrated player imo and Arbeloa looked good in his previous outings. We'll have to wait and see but there is enough quality on the field to get a result if the players are in form.

3. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i read that copa del rey lineup thing on marca too!
    i cant believe it! we do not want the gap at the top extending to any more than it already is!

i think the clearest indication that he will shoose this lineup are the figo and guti bookings, which i have to say i think were intentional
    both the yellows came from exactly the same thing, refusing to retreat on a levante free-kick, they were both on 4 yellows, coincidence?? i think not

4. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    AS changes their tune, a little

well, now they're saying the starting lineup will probably be...

Casillas
    Salgado Pavon Samuel R. Carlos
    Beckham Celades J. Garcia Solari
    Ronaldo Owen​

...although they say that either Salgado or R. Carlos will not start. I think this is a stronger lineup than the one I posted before - we've got our two top scorers coming out from the start (Morientes just can't seem to catch a break :( ) - J. Garcia is placed in his natural position and Beckham on the right probably needs the game to continue his return to form after his cracked ribs. I'm really looking forward to see how J. Garcia does in this game - at 17 I don't expect him to be cracking the regular starting lineup anytime soon but he's a very interesting player in a position where Real could use some reinforcement.

5. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    In-form Barca may not last the pace says Zidane

MADRID, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane believes that league leaders Barcelona may not last the pace until the end of the season even if they are outplaying his side at the moment.

"Right now there is a big difference between the two teams and there is no doubt that Barca are playing much better than us," the Frenchman told a news conference on Wednesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_y...N0aA--?slug=reu-zidane&prov=reuters&type=lgns

6. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Zidane: “We are going to win a title”

This is the article that was quoted above.

“This year we will do something important”. And since this is Zidane´s opinion, it shouldn´t be considered just a comment. The French player was convincing in his press conference saying: “We will get out of this situation and we will win a title; I´m sure of it”. He sent a message to Barcelona: “They are playing with 13 or 14 players and that can have its consequences”. He refused the idea of the end of a cycle: “There are only two or three players older than thirty”. And he gave his bet about Rome: “Playing good, bad… It doesn´t matter how, what matter is to remain in the Champions”.

http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realm...icia.jsp?idnoticia=43649&sec=1&subsec=0&esp=1

7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    marca today also posted this lineup, looks like the 11 to play then!

8. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good test for J Garcia.

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    League leaders face tail-enders in Spanish league

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Real Madrid is counting on David Beckham to help the club overcame a poor away record and beat Villareal this weekend to keep the pressure on Spanish league leader FC Barcelona.

Barcelona should beat another tail-ender, Malaga, to remain on top of the standings, but Madrid is keen to stay on its rival's shoulder while nursing injuries and suspensions.

With midfielders Luis Figo and Jose Maria "Guti" Gutierrez suspended and Zinedine Zidane slowly recovering from back trouble, Madrid coach Mariano Garcia Remon will rely heavily on Beckham against 15th-placed Villarreal to feed a forward line he's not so worried about.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3214472

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Owen content to let his goals do the talking at Real

MADRID, Dec 3 (Reuters) - England striker Michael Owen says he is content to do his talking on the pitch and hope that his prolific scoring record will eventually earn him a place in Real Madrid's starting line-up.

"I'm trying to do as well as I can and fortunately I'm playing quite well and scoring goals," Owen told a news conference on Friday. "But obviously whether I play or not is down to the manager."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,14546,-4651315,00.html

11. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like seeing Beckham on the right. I hope that the fact that J Garcia is playing in the center & Beckham on the right, means that Beckham is permanently on the right in Garcia Remon's vision. About time & a major step forward.

I also like GR's bravery here. It would have been easy to play Raul & put Solari on the bench. Its a good reward for Owen & Solari to start in an important game. We will also see how J Garcia performs in a big game & that will have December transfer window implacations. I still think an option is to try Raul Bravo as the defensive mid, but maybe I am missing something.

What I dislike is this pairing of Samuel & Pavon again. This is similar to playing with nitro. Both are weak defenders & both have failed the team spectacularly this season. Its quite possible we will give up 1-2 goals because of this. Samuel had a good game against Levante, so I suppose there is hope.

12. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also want to say I am glad J Garcia gets the chance & not Borja. As MadridForever recently pointed out, Borja had plenty of opportunities last year & failed to impress.

13. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This situation continues to get worse:

http://www.realmadrid.dk/news/article/default.asp?newsid=5636

Fernando Morientes will again start this weekend's game for Real Madrid from the bench.

For Real's clash with Villarreal, coach Mariano Garcia Remon has chosen to rotate his squad, but with the exception of a frustrated Morientes.

Michael Owen will join Ronaldo in attack, while England international midfielder David Beckham will play again on the right.

Morientes is a target for Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez in January and he has admitted publicly he will seek a move away if he continues to be relegated to the bench at Real leading up to the winter market.

14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    That sucks. He deserved a chance to start ahead of Owen.

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    GR has doubts about starting Javi Garcia

Seems GR doesn't want him to fall victim to the media hype and that's good - this is potentially a very difficult game. I have to admit though I will be dissapointed if Javi Garcia doesn't get the start (especially after all that media hype ;) ). Also, if Helguera's not going to be rested, I'd rather see him on the backline in his best position, imo.

16. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it does sound like GR is getting cold feet about J Garcia. Here are two line-ups GR could use while keeping the resting theme:

Casillas
    Salgado Pavon Samuel R. Bravo
    Beckham Celades Mejia Solari
    Ronaldo Owen

Casillas
    Salgado Pavon Samuel R. Bravo
    Beckham Celades Morientes Solari
    Ronaldo Owen

In the first, Mejia would be the def-mid, in the 2nd Celades would be.

This is what I would do:

Casillas
    Salgado Mejia Samuel R. Bravo
    Beckham Celades Morientes Solari
    Ronaldo Owen

I don't understand GR's comment about sufficient midfielders, that is where we are having the most trouble.

Here is another chuckle - don't want to stain the reputation of J Garcia. Ha! I understand what GR is saying, but has he checked on Samuel & Pavon's "reputation"?

17. DBL723

DBL723 Member

Apr 15, 2004
    UK/HK
    does anybody have the links to watch the game???

18. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    The team is:

-----------Casillas

Salgado--Samuel-Pavon--Bravo

Beckham--Helguera--Celades--Solari

--------Ronaldo-----Owen

Subs:Cesar, Carlos, Mejia, Arbeloa, Javi Garcia, Raúl, Morientes

19. soorajm

soorajm Member

Nov 21, 2004
    why no zidane, raul, carlos????

20. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, THFC1. Hmmm, Samuel, Pavon, Helguerra as the def - mid, Celades, this is terrible. The only thing I like is Beckham on the right. Oh well, fuse is lit.

21. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Resting for Rome.

22. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Went into Half-Time 0-0

23. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    82' still 0-0, yawn!!

24. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    87' 0-0

these were the subs made on 63'
    Javi Garcia on for David Beckham
    Fernando Morientes on for Ronaldo

and on 82'
    Mejia on for Solari

25. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did anyone get to see figueroa's disallowed goal?
    was it a good call?

sorry for not giving u guys a link today, i just woke up.