PBP: Villarreal CF v FC Barcelona | J32 - La Liga 20/21 | 25 April 2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by BocaFan, Apr 24, 2021.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Next up are Granada and Valencia. Granada are 8th so can't mess around there. We beat them 4 x 0 in first leg. And Valencia have been a banana peel for us in the past ... we tied 2 x 2 this season.

I am not confident we will beat Atletico because we have been shit in those big games this season. So we can't afford to drop stupid points elsewhere if we are going to challenge until the end. Hopefully Athletic can do us a big favor today.

2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #52 Gilmango, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Damn, Alcoyano just levelled, 13 minutes to play, Barca B is on the road it is group stage and a draw isn't the end of the world but they were looking at 3 points for the past 46 minutes after Konrad scored to give Barca B the 0-1 lead. I can rarely find streams so I am left to check highlights and scores.

Konrad's goal was assisted by Inaki Pena, the keeper:
    1386343194527506432 is not a valid tweet id

Holy crap, football jesus 3.0 (american term given to Pulisic, then Reyna, now Konrad but only by me) retakes the lead for Barca B:

1-2, 6 minutes to play.

EDIT - here's the highlight, Collado is out today so Konrad carrying more weight, here's his second goal:

EDIT 2: GAME OVER

Ibiza - 22 - 49
    Barca B 24 - 43
    Gimnastic 24 - 40
    Andorra 24 - 38
    Alcoyano 22 - 33
    Villarreal B - 22 - 29

(the other group had one less team so they played two less matches, so points per game gets taken into account which is why Ibiza will be impossible to displace at the top, but Barca B is in a healthy 2nd place (with 3 more group stage games to go), very likely going to the 16 team (?) playoffs with a good seed, needing 2 wins there to be among the 4 who advance.

Please correct if that is wrong.

ShortyMac and BocaFan repped this.
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Only two matches left and need to be top 3 to advance for sure (only the best fourth place team advances and there are 5 groups).

So need two points to clinch a spot in promotion playoffs.

Gilmango repped this.
  4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I read the long Reddit post last night but too lazy to revisit it. Today's win was even bigger then. Hope Collado can play the rest of the way.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @ 5:26 ... Emery's face is just priceless !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gilmango repped this.
  6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5:26 is great, but I love 6:01 where Messi jumps on Griez's back in pure joy, love to see Messi joy and especially Messi - Griez joy together.

Edit and the Pedri pressure is worth noting, he pressured two of the defenders who back passed.

Ray also did not think Dest was so bad on the day, surprised by the early substitution (yank of the yankee?).

ShortyMac repped this.