VILLAREAL vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Day 3 | 01.09.2019 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Aensensen, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pleased for Bale .Thought he done well yesterday.

BjornH repped this.
  2. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Varane screwed up in both goals. First one he made no effort to follow play. After he got nutmegged by the through ball from Gerard, he didnt follow play and same Gerard was ahead of him and free on the rebound.

On second goal less, but in an review from behind the camera you can see Varane not bothering to stand up after he went down in initial shot. When he realized the save from TC went to Villarreal player on the side, he started to get up but it was too late.

I can forgive Ramos for his screw up, but cannot forgive varane for not bothering.

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Typical Bale performance. Non-existent for 99% of the match, but scoring goal or two.

Digital repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not humiliating at all imo. In fact, I think Zidane’s rhetoric is possibly motivating Bale to get back to his best form.

Last year’s Bale, without Zizou around, was humiliating for the club.

Definitely better than Osasuna who tied Barca

S1na and ahnaf repped this.
  6. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just seen the highlights and it’s a bit perplexing to me how it’s the same errors leading to goals. Ramos with a stupid give away but why did Varane stop running after getting nutmegged ? If he doesn’t stop running he would get to the rebound before Moreno. Courtious...not sure what else to say but not impressed by him, it was a really weak shot fumbled.

Second goal more of the same issue with players not in recovery position, Varane tried to get back in front of his market but too late then.

Just meh overall. Hopefully Varane hits the bench for Militao.

7. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is world class. I dont think he is in Christiano Ronaldos ,Messi's or Neymar level but not far of eg for me in the top 10 of the worlds best. I would like him to stay at Madrid.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bale.

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    For me, he is not top 10 player. Poor off the ball movement and lack of creativity solidifies that. At least for me. The end result being yesterday, when outside of that two goals he was completely non-existent.

Play Neymar for example for 90 minutes vs. such Villareal, and he would destroy them by himself in matter of first half alone.

10. Richard1789

Richard1789 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 2, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Chances are he will end up at Barcelona next season?

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Him and Lucas were asked to stay wide and whip in crosses for two forwards. Yes, he's limited taking on players when there's no space to use his pace. He has scored enough goals through off the ball movement(like brace against Celta away for example in 2018), but we also lack players who can play such vertical balls in midfield.

There's only Modric and even he's past his prime. Jovic off the ball movement is great yet he hasn't got the service because Kroos hardly goes for such passes and nor do we have a Ozil/James type creative passers for the most part.

12. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    How was Bale unprofessional and selfish?

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Regardless of what Zidane asks of them, they lack creative movement and solutions, which is crucial in 4-4-2 considering the deeper positioning of double pivot.

As for Zidane. The fact that he prepared such tactics makes me worry even more. You have opponent like Villareal who will struggled against dynamic and coherent play which produces tempo and pressure. But instead Zidane opts for "handball" tactics, which produces slow and depth-lacking movement and passing, which completely kills tempo and allows opponent to defend effectively. Sure you can mitigate that with CR7 in your squad. But hey he left. Maybe someone should tell Zidane that.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess him showing anger and not celebrating after scoring last season for being a benched and leaving the stadium before a match ended in another game. He never missed a training session when frozen out this summer nor joined overweight after vacation any summer afaik. That's part of professionalism too. Isco didn't show up against Ajax game in the stadium and never got any official punishment from the club. So will that have an impact on youngsters too?

Anon. and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm thinking this must be a "rhetorical" question but I'll assume you just want to defend the player because he's British and I'm gonna bite.

1) Refused to train with Tottenham to force a transfer.
    2) Sent agent to talk to President behind managers back to complain about tactics, position without airing grievance with manager and trying to resolve situation (which resulted in new manager, negative tactics and epic failure from trying to please one individual at expense of an entire team).
    3. Sent agent to complain to media that teammates did not pass him ball enough.
    4. Complained to media about playing time minutes after winning CL and being named man of match (obviously meaning he got to play and was used to great effect).
    5. Does not join teammates in off field efforts at bonding and building relationships with the goal of becoming a cohesive unit.
    6. Does not actively learn utilize or embrace language to better communicate with teammates, rivals, game officials, fans and club employees.
    7. More than once left games/stadium early without good cause.
    8. Numerous injuries, sustained absences during recovery and reoccurrence/relapse lead to questions of commitment to maintaining fitness and health.
    9. Some on field disciplinary problems leading to red cards and suspension.
    10. I know I'm missing some stuff but I think I've got the gist of it.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He didn't refuse to train. Both Modric and Bale asked for transfer and club made them train seperately. Both showed up every day to train individually. Bale basically followed what Modric did a year ago at Spurs.

Injury issues and relapse is unprofessionalism.[emoji23] Guess Robben, Vallejo etc are so unprofessional then.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Replacing Modric in future will be incredibly hard not just due to his quality but his tenacity battling with midfielders and workrate too. Several players far younger than him doesn't show that kind of effort.

1168445545595228160 is not a valid tweet id

18. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    People need to stop being so touchy on this forum. Not trying to agitate you mate, just asking.

1) Refused to train with Tottenham to force a transfer. - So has a lot of people and as @Saeta Rubia just said.

2) Sent agent to talk to President behind managers back to complain about tactics, position without airing grievance with manager and trying to resolve situation (which resulted in new manager, negative tactics and epic failure from trying to please one individual at expense of an entire team). - Which manager was this? How true is this? And was he just one of many players who done the same? Never seen Bale as someone at Real Madrid who has enough clout to get a manager fired single-handedly. Maybe Ramos and Ronaldo.

3. Sent agent to complain to media that teammates did not pass him ball enough. Same as above

4. Complained to media about playing time minutes after winning CL and being named man of match (obviously meaning he got to play and was used to great effect). Any player of his then-stature would have done the same. People grossly exaggerate Bale's discontent that day. He said what he said and that has been said many times before by other players.

5. Does not join teammates in off field efforts at bonding and building relationships with the goal of becoming a cohesive unit. So? He never joined one late dinner which other players did not join. I find it more disrespectful that Courtois outed the situation publicly. With that said, him pushing away players who wanted to celebrate with him was wrong.

6. Does not actively learn utilize or embrace language to better communicate with teammates, rivals, game officials, fans and club employees. So? Aguero does not speak English well and is celebrated in England. Why does anyone care if that's the case? Literally, what difference does it make? A lot of people in Spain probably speak English or at least have a basic understanding and most likely Bale has a basic understanding of Spanish. Not ideal but I could not tell you how good any players foreign language skills are unless I have happened to hear them in English.

7. More than once left games/stadium early without good cause. Fair enough if true

8. Numerous injuries, sustained absences during recovery and reoccurrence/relapse lead to questions of commitment to maintaining fitness and health. - Some players get injured. Can't blame his professionalism for that.

9. Some on field disciplinary problems leading to red cards and suspension. Like what? Diving? Kicking a player? Spitting? Racist abuse?

10. I know I'm missing some stuff but I think I've got the gist of it. - Meh, people pick on Bale more so than they do Kroos. That for me shows it's more about Bale as a person that his actual contribution to the club

Anon. repped this.
  19. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    I understand Modric can't labor 40+ games due to his age but if ZZ wants to rest him he can chose a different game. Man....a low IQ Casemiro ran wild all night due to ton of spaces Villareal given, Modric would shred them into pieces if he started yesterday.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe not the initial injury but the recuperation and recovery, following doctor/trainer instructions, personal discipline, etc., can all play a role and unprofessionalism can definitely factor into overall health and fitness of player ( which for Bale has been unusually bad).

But you know that and this doesn't need explaining.

21. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    fierro has a very unhealthy obsession for Bale. Weird guy.

22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    We could probably extend Luka’s career by using him in the Pirlo, as a regista rather than having him breaking his back cover for the likes of Kroos a little further up. With his passing, willingness to get stuck in and ability to hold the ball welll I think he’d play well there.

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really hope not, modern football has moved on
    why, it’s 3 games in, better to judge at the end of the season if it mattered if he stayed or not, i’m pretty sure Gareth scored more than 3 goals last season and we all still wanted him gone, why would that be,

Ahmadi8 and Drouchk repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #699 fierro, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019

25. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I haven't turned on Zidane, but I think him attempting to freeze out Bale and then getting proven wrong by James as well doesn't give me confidence in his managing this time around.