Villanova men's soccer [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by MichaelR, Sep 15, 2003.

1. MichaelR

MichaelR New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Great result for Villanova (2:1 in extra time between rainstorms against nationally-ranked UPenn) yesterday.

My question: how does one go to the West Campus soccer complex by car? Is there a nearby parking lot that can be used by the public, or does one schlep from the big lots across Lancaster Ave. We have a one-year-old boy, so that's a bit of a hike, with all of the stuff he needs.

2. KR

KR New Member

Jan 5, 2000
    There is a parking lot at the soccer field. Don't park at the Lancaster Ave. lot. Contact the school to give you exact directions.

Marcelo Rodriquez, the Cat's freshman was chosen as Freshman of the week in the Big East. With 9 points, he is the league's lleading candidate for FOTY. Highly recruited Kozicki at St. John's has been used as a sub and has 1 point.

3. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    As an alum, I'm glad to see Villanova make strides as a program, for a few years they were pretty darned bad (despite producing the Chicago Fire's Jim Curtin). There is definitely a lot by the west campus soccer facility, you might have to drive through a guard house and tell them you're watching soccer, but you can definitely park there (or try your luck with the Septa or law school lots).

4. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I'm a Villanova senior. Don't park in the SEPTA lot, you will get towed! (I know from experience :( )

I've parked several times in the law school lot without a problem. You can try your luck with the West Campus guards. Flash a smile and your cute kid and they will likely let you in.

Go Cats!