Villa: "hey, sign my virtual cast!"

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Dec 16, 2011.

1. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

I imagine we're all shocked and upset about Villa's injury. He seems to be in good spirits about it, but I thought we could make use of this space on BigSoccer to extend our best wishes to El Guaje. He's got that big ol' cast covering his leg, so imagine you've got a Sharpie in hand...

Also, feel free to post memories and videos of his great goals here, as well as news of his recovery. Let's hope to see him back on the field, as he said today, in Munich!

Ánims, David! :)

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Indeed, #AnimsVilla. Team needs you!

3. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You certainly have to admire his positive nature. Given his run of late, bad form, now this injury, he'd be forgiven for feeling...unlucky. But he's taking it in stride. Hopefully he can feature before the end of this season...Munich, maybe?

4. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Villa is flying back to BCN early for surgery.

I wonder if they'll be using all the medical techniques we've seen with other star players who had unfortunate fractures. I remember Beckham and Rooney each spent time in a low-oxygen tent to speed up their metatarsal healing.

Tweets from barcastuff:
    Most Liga goals since Villa's league debut in 2003: Villa 162 - Messi 136 - Forlan 128 - Eto'o 124 - Kanoute 88 #fcblive [via opta]

Barcelona will not sign any player in January to replace David Villa, who's out for 4 to 5 months with a broken shinbone. [md]

5. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Best of luck and get healthy quick, David!

I have always been impressed by his background in a coal mining town in Northern Spain (his dad was a miner and he probably would have been if not for football). It is obvious he inherited the toughness you'd expect from a coal miner's son. Here is an article with his background and also mentioning how he had a severe leg break as a kid that also encouraged him to become a footballer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1186885/index.htm

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Great player!

I remember reading, that it was his father that ket him in football. He said he was thinking of quitting as a teenager because he was getting burned out, and wanted to become a pro skateboarder? I think? But his father kept him in it, and thanks to him he became who he is today.

Speedy Recovery Senor Villa!

7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get well, Dave!

Since he's been in such good spirits may I cheekily say... it's the hair! It's bad luck! Go back to the El Guaje we all know and love! ;)

[​IMG]

8. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wishing El Guaje a quick and full recovery.

9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  10. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona