Villa Fans Unite

Discussion in 'Aston Villa' started by Skevin, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Gosling

Gosling Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Watertown, WI
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose as a newbie and a Villa supporter, I ought to clock in here and announce myself. As someone who is also a Chicago Cubs fan, I came already pre-conditioned to misery.

I would, though, like just one season where we don't dip into the fringes of the relegation battle and meekly limp to safety one game before the finale. Maybe we'll get that this season.

philly villain repped this.
  2. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As a heads up, if you're ever in San Diego, the local Aston Villa boys have been watching at our bar. Bluefoot Bar and Lounge in North Park at 30th and Upas. We've developed a friendly banter filled rivalry with them.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://swissramble.blogspot.ca/2016...rcus.html?mc_cid=8e379941c4&mc_eid=80cfca271d

There seems to be no end to the misery that Aston Villa put their supporters through. The famous Midlands club, one of a select few to have won the European Cup, is stuck at the bottom of the Premier League table and look destined for a seemingly inevitable relegation, which would be the first time they had dropped from the top flight since 1987.
    Manager Rémi Garde described securing safety as “an impossible mission that we have to make possible”, though it would not be a major shock if the Frenchman were to be given his marching orders any time soon, given their impotent form. In truth, it always seemed a strange decision to entrust Villa's fate to a man with no management experience in the Premier League.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Best thing that could have happened after that terrible season. Hopefully now we can rebuild and come back next season.

6. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he is. He isn't making Premier League money anymore so he simply sold his asset when it became a liability. The only thing you can hope for is that he lost money overall. If he didn't, then he got what he came for.

7. HeartbrokenHandshakes

Jun 2, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    So glad Lerner is gone. Surely new management and players are not far behind?

8. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Back in the Premier League thread!!!!

jaimes and Skevin repped this.