Villa Fans Unite

Discussion in 'Aston Villa' started by Skevin, Aug 25, 2011.

1. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we go as delph goes really. He can be very good, he can be very awful. Typically his performance mirrors the outcome of the game. I think our mid field is severely over matched against Chelsea... but stranger things have happened and Villa look to be a threat to win in EVERY game they play this season.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Likewise!

Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's funny. Midfield is our weakest group. They aren't bad, not at all, but we lack a game changer. When the season is all said and done, the new lad Van Ginkel could very well be our most dynamic mid (holding mids). It's going to be a test tomorrow, one I'm hopeful we pass, but you lot could very well have your way with our back four.

4. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how about we settle on 2-2 right now?!?! ;) in all honesty, opening @ gooners @ blues and loserpool i would hope for 3-4 points total. I don't think anywhere from 5-7 is asking to much now, but even if we got 4 I'd be rather thrilled

Blueallthru repped this.
  5. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ********ING ROBBED...

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tough break. Could have gone either way. I will say this, you won't be fighting for relegation this season. Also, it evens out in the end.

Well done today Villa.

7. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    silver lining... 3 pts from @arsenal @ chelsea... not bad... but deserved something from this game.

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can't disagree with the deserving a point. You lot are good. Enjoy the season.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think the loss was a tough one. First goal was an own goal and 2nd goal you can make an argument that Ivanovic was offside. Then that non-pk call on Terry. Cech had himself a strong game. Weimann had 2 great opportunities stopped.

10. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we have 4 pts on sunday morning I will be delighted. obviously want 6. but 4 from the first three we had (and not many teams will walk away with points from the bridge) I will like our chances for top half... pushing top 7

11. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Villa benefited from a questionable PK and red card vs Arsenal and got screwed today with the Ivanovic and Terry calls. Brilliant start for the refs this year. :thumbsdown:

12. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    screwed against arsenal? szczensy should have seen red. the 2nd PK was 50/50 really koscielny was beaten and lunged in the box. he did get ball first but to so 50/50. Ivanovic should have seen red, and was offside on his goal.

Koscielny red was a factor of the PK. the second yellow was a yellow even if there wasnt much in it. He stopped weimann in his tracks when he was beaten. And if on a yellow, can't make that mistake. Member also Luna got a yellow when OX slid in and caught Luna?!?!

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You'll get yours. Good luck at the weekend. Looking forward to watching your side develop over the season.

14. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Where did I say screwed against Arsenal? Get excited much?

15. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    merged two thoughts together, apparently.

16. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    ouch ... Okore who looked like patching the defense up nicely, collected a injury that keeps him off the team till somewhere in the last few matches in the season (if not first starting to train up there, being back and fit next opening) ... highly concerned that it are going to be to close for comfort in the wrong end of the table

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Losing Okore definitely hurts but Clark has been very solid so far so if he keeps this good form up, Villa shouldn't be too worried. Plus Baker is back from injury although he is very injury prone. Okore was looking like a good centerback too. What a shame.

18. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    our center backs are very important since we tend to play so negative at home. That Newcastle match was dreadful. Wonder why Lambert doesn't urge them forward?
    Think we definitely missed out on a attacking CM, the "unlock the D" kind of player.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah it was pretty obvious that we are missing an attacking mid in this 4-3-3 formation. I think Lambert will change to a 4-4-2 with Kozak because the 4-3-3 isn't really working.

20. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wonder what kind of price tag Kagawa carries (or even a loan)? January is pretty close

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kagawa is way too good for us. Kagawa was one of the world's best attacking mids before his move to Manchester United. Fergie didn't use a traditional attacking mid in his formation and Moyes doesn't either so Kagawa rarely gets to play. He could slot into a lot of good clubs starting line-ups. I'd obviously LOVE Kagawa at Villa Park but there is no way.

22. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to good for us? no. guy needs to play somewhere. however, to expensive for us? yes... and that's why it wouldn't happen.
    Personally even if we had zero chance I'd like to just see Villa's name thrown into the mix on big moves. Even if there is a .000000001% chance.
    And even more so I'm very pissed that we HAD michael bradley...

23. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SAUDI TAKEOVER PLEASE

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado