Viktor Skripnik promoted: Beginning of new era at Werder Bremen

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Epitome990, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Two big chances around the 23 min mark. Sternberg has been redeeming himself nicely so far today. Good cross made on the forward run up the flank towards Di Santo who heads it just over. TGS follows up shortly with an ambitious bicycle kick. On target but right in the path of their keeper.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #127 Epitome990, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Good pressure to force that Eintracht turnover to create another chance. Selke sends it over to Junuzovic cutting into the box but shot goes just wide. I must also say that Di Santo's defensive work rate is superb. Constant back tracking done to help win back possessions.

Nice controlled flick on that hold up play too. Bargfrede really needs to do better on that shot though.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hajrovic has sweet technique on the quick step over dribble and shot. Nearly had a repeat of last weeks goal. TGS should have buried the rebound, though wasn't much space to work with. Damn, Prodl almost scored there on the header off that corner. Some really nice attacking sequences to start the second half but we need to finish them.

4. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I'm trying to figure out is Selke meant to do that ...or if the ball just hit him in the face? (I've stopped watching the Schalke game due to self-diagnosed depression :rolleyes:)

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    1-0 Selke!! haha not the most graceful goal ever but I'll take it. Ability to score off set pieces saves us once again.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    That was all planned, trust me. ;)

7. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    lol, in the same way this was :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Damn, should have been 2-0. Frankie D missed a sitter.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Schalke better step it up if you want to prevent Werder from taking your precious Europa League spot. :D:p

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hmm...tough day with injuries it seems, Sternberg is also down now. I see Selke is able to walk on the sidelines though so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

11. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Worth it. Got to watch him tear his trikot like the incredible hulk :)

That spot is as good as gone at the moment. If BVB don't take it by ladder position, they will by winning the dfb pokal - that leaves the other spot between Augsburg, Hoffenheim, Werder and us. No way we're going to hold it. :cry:

Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Schalke has some very winnable games remaining so it's not so bad. Your final match is against the dinosaurs from Hamburg. Chance there to potentially help make history and sink them down to relegation. I also doubt Augsburg has what it takes for this final stretch. They've been barely hanging on in the top 6 and don't think there's enough heroics from Tobias Werner to carry them though. ;)

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  13. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Just realised we won ...3-2; apparently a stuttgart own goal by Florian Klien. Maybe if I stop watching the games...

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Don't like how we're playing passive and sitting back so much in the opening 10 mins versus Hannover. Looks like we're trying to catch them on the counter but we're not hitting those passes cohesively either. We're only 2 points out of a Europa spot and this is a H96 team in the bottom 3, so we need to strike them more aggressively than this.

Lukimya lost his marking badly there, luckily Briand missed a sitter.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Stindl puts them up by one, saw that coming well deserved lead. Our focus is absent in this game.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #141 Epitome990, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    What a goal by Junuzovic to level it!! To the rescue once again with another legendary free kick. Great celebration as well with the travelling away fans.

Almost a second for Juno, just brushes over the woodwork.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #142 Epitome990, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Quite the dramatic finish. The positive is that we comeback and take a point from this. But we came close to sealing the victory with that late counter attack. Great action along the wing to initiate it but final shot at the end was poor. Really should have been converted better but I'm content with the result. We have two tough games against both Borussias next, hope we conclude the season on a solid note.

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I don't care about the rest of the season. Our team reached a very good rank in the upper midfield, which is a very good effort after the horrible start into the season.

buddenbohm repped this.
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Free kick challenge between Juno and Izet:

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #147 Epitome990, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Final home match of the season and farewell to Prodl and Selke. Gladbach is gonna be a tough test no doubt, but I expect a strong well fought effort from both sides. Good start to the game, Selke with the best chance so far at the 6th min. He meets an incoming cross with a header but just a bit too high over the bar.

Vestergaard defensive sharp early on. Makes a nicely controlled interception and clearance.
    Yikes....horrible shot by Oztunali.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    What a sloppy goal to giveaway. Raffael open at the far post for the tap in, but nearly scuffs it. Unfortunate there that Vestergaard got tripped up with Casteels in front of goal.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Expected a challenge and got one. Gladbach were too tactically well organized and showed why they're a top 3 team in the league. At least the other scorelines cheer me up. HSV sinking down to the 17th spot, Schalke can finish them off as well next week. Also amused to watch Petersen score the late winner for SCF against Bayern lol.

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    For the new season Skripnik has to bring the team forward. This season we took much profit from Junuzovic freekicks, but you can see that the opponents adopted to it. Well, lads, let's show a good performance in Dortmund, then give the substitute players some playing time in the off-season matches, and finally give the players a good rest over summer.

Epitome990 repped this.