views from an outsider

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by mcoconnor8390, May 15, 2007.

1. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    i was watching the timbers game on saturday and i was really impressed by the amount of fans that you had there and the atmosphere that was created.

2. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    ;) XXXoooXXX World Nike HQ!

3. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I was able to attend the 5/27/07 match vs Carolina, as I was on vacation in Portland visiting one of my friends who is originally from Columbus, and of course I had to get my football fix considering I had to miss my beloved Crew's homegame vs TFC... but I bought a scarf and dragged my wife into the supporter's section. Needless to say, we had to move out of there soon as she found the noise unbearable.
    Safely in the upper section, we watched the game and had a blast, even though my bad Crew fan luck brought you guys a nil-nil tie. And I loved the energy of your Timbers Army, they were way out of control, right down to chanting to the opposing team to go home and them sarcastically sticking around on the pitch to get under your skin. It might be a baseball stadium but it was nicely fixed up for the soccer game and I think you guys have a great fanbase. I think an MLS team in Portland would be a great move. Then I could travel to an away Crew game and stay with my friend! :)

So keep on with the good work Portland, and hopefully soon someday Monkeyman Garber will recognize the support and throw you guys a team, if you can get a SSS stadium built that is...