Viewing Party for Saturday?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Jeff, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I didn't see one on the website or the most recent Rapidfire. Any options? If not, I'm game for meeting near Wash Park somewhere.

2. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I don't think the game is being televised. It lists Comcast but according to RapidsFan, they aren't going to show the game.

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Correct.

I'm not sure how many different ways I can say this, but once again none of the Rapids' remaining road games in the regular season will be televised.

None.

Nada.

Nil.

As written elsewhere, and previously, and repeatedly, this has been confirmed by the Rapids staff as well as individuals that are involved in every Rapids broadcast.

The only option for viewing is to watch the game via Yahoo! Platinum.

4. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    the game is not even in the schedule for yahoo platinum. (i am a subscriber) (none of the october rapids matches are)

5. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Hmm, you're correct. It was listed at the Yahoo Platium MLS page at 6AM this morning but it's gone now.
    http://platinum.yahoo.com/sp/mls/

MLSnet is still listing the game as available via YP... will do my best to confirm one way or another.

6. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial

I am going to watch on ch21 Comcast cable. It will be televised just on Comcast ch 21.

I would think that a bar could get it if any have Comcast.

7. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    OK I was wrong. the Website changed from last week. I called the Rapids and it seems that Comcast changed their minds on televising the game this Saturday and maybe the other 2 remaining away games.

Call Comcast even if you do not subscribe and let them know you are dissapointed. Call numerous times. We probably won't save this Saturday's telecast but at least the last two.

8. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    What makes you think the game will be on the air?

Look, if the game were being beamed back to Denver for broadcast on Comcast 21, then it would also be on the Shootout.

Not to mention that the Rapids themselves have made no mention in any communication this week, either through media channels or the website, that the game will be on TV.

I present to you the specific words from Rapids media relations, when I asked to confirm whether there was TV despite listings elsewhere online and in the Denver Post

9. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    This just in, continued confirmation from the Rapids themselves:
    So no Comcast 21, no Shootout, no Yahoo! Platium.

10. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Why don't we all just fly out there for a couple hours to see the game in person. We could be back by midnight :)

Or we could get up early say 6:00 hit the road and be there by kickoff time then we'd be back by Sunday morning.

Sounds like a plan right?

12. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I'm getting the pass-the-buck ala soccer in america. The Rapids are telling me that Comcast pulled the game on the leased access ch 21 and I call Comcast and they are telling me that the leased access ch21 is not run by Comcast but is a leased channel run locally that people or associations pay to have their programming televised. So what is really happening here? Since the Rapids had this listed on their schedules previosly, did they not pay to have the game televised and then pulled the broadcast recently? It looks to me that the Rapids are the ones that pulled the broadcast, not Comcast.

I'm sick of this S#$#

13. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a contingent going via I-70 Sat morning. You missed the boat...

14. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Ahh thats okay. They were only pipe dreams since I'm condemed to work on weekends. Any idea why KNRC doesn't broadcast away games?

15. LuvMLS

LuvMLS New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Bottom Line!

Is there anyway to see this game! What is the bottom line. Don't tell me I have to sit at my computer waiting for updates!

16. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    latest news is that mls wrap will ahve a crew there, so if you stay up until 10 tonight you'll be able to see highlighs on Fox Sports World

17. LuvMLS

LuvMLS New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    How can I listen to the game

What radio station is the game on, internet radio, I can't take this watch mlsnet.com for updates

18. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    So where is the viewing party?

Just kidding.