Viewing party 3/12? Carpool 3/18?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Mar 4, 2008.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Does anyone know if the game at Harbor View will be televised, and if so, any plans for a viewing party anywhere?

Also, anyone planning on going up for the game on the 18th?

Do I have the dates right? Haha.

2. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both games are being broadcast live on FSC. I'm leaving Saturday for 8 days on the Appalachian Trail so no viewing party for me. However, I will definitely be going to the game on the 18th. Why can't the 18th be tomorrow!!!

3. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen the new tv's at Penny Lane but we could do the viewing party there. If you all want to go somewhere cheaper I am game, just tell me where. I will be going up for the game on the 18th, plan on taking a good chunk of the day off so can leave whenever.

So far we don't even have a full car: Liz, me and hiker-boy Brian.

4. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I just realized that I'm working the Willie Nelson show at The National on the 18th...I have to decide if I want to stay in Richmond and work it or go up for the game. If I were working in one of my restaurants I'd definitely take off. :) I'll definitely let you all know what I decide (money is an extreme issue right now, which is what makes the choice tough). I signed up for it before I knew about the game on the 18th...I haven't signed up for any shows during the real season though!

As for the viewing party, I'm down for whatever. What time is the game? I'll be at Legend that night, so I might miss out, depending on the time...

5. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm out for the viewing party due to recording, but I plan on heading up on March 18th, for sho.

Pedro

6. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is at 7:00 so looks like you are out for that as well. Damn Legend and their no real tv.

7. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the Renegades game we all went to I caught the end of the US game at Penny Lane and they've got a wide screen sitting in "our" corner now. It was a nice picture although I think they said they were still working on getting the HD package straight for all the channels at that point. Imagine it's fixed by now.

I had a ticket to Willie Nelson until I realized it was the same night as the DC game. Thankfully a coworker who was planning on going hadn't bought her ticket yet so I just sold it to her. At $55 face value, I'm actually saving some money going to see United :D I really enjoyed The National last week when I saw opening night. That's a fun place to see a show. Can't wait for DBT! Anyone going to Chevelle at Toad's? I'll be there.

mr. rwh, did you get parking passes this year? I picked up a full season package again. The game on the 18th is supposed to be included in it. Let me know if you've already got one and I'll just tell fatbastard to keep it since it's coming to him first anyway.

8. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, I still haven't decided about the show or the game...I really want to go to the game but I get paid to see the show...hmm...

I'll be working the DBT show too, which is nice because I'd pay to go see that show anyway...all I do is lean against a wall and check wrist bands. :)

How much is the game on the 18th? Right now it's really a matter of if I can afford to go rather than work (weak!).

And yes, it does look like I'll be out for the viewing party, sorry dudes.

9. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant to get the parking passes this year but dropped the ball. So the Richmond crew will be looking to you for your parking passes.

10. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good deal. I already know of a couple games I'll be taking the train to, staying in DC before/after, etc. so they'll definitely be available for some games. I'll make sure folks know well ahead of time.

11. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Looks like I should at least be making the viewing party for the game on the 12th. Check my OT abroad post for more details on that, haha...

12. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    widescreen in our corner = awesome

DBT = I'm there, the new cd rules

Chevelle = not my thing

13. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling DBT will definitely be a sellout. Don't hesitate on getting your tickets yesterday if you haven't already ;)

Chevelle (and Finger Eleven) is definitely a different slant for me but I'm trying to do a show every week and it seemed like a good option. Thank God for The National and Toad's Place. Lou Reed was announced today as was David Allen Coe. I will be at both of them. Gotta get my redneck on with some Mr. Coe :D

14. Sebacore

Sebacore New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I'm good for going up on the 18th. I'll gladly throw in some gas and parking money. Getting my Barra gear that night.

I'm pretty much up for anything viewing party wise.

Chris

15. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be at PennyLane tomorrow around 8. Earlier in the thread I said the game started at 7. I was wrong. First time ever being wrong. Hope to see some of you there.

16. Hunter R

Hunter R New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Me, Myself and I
    Club:
    DC United
    Im in town this week and will try to stop to check out the game.

Hope to see you guys

17. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rescheduled my recording to end at 8pm tomorrow, so I should be walking in to Pennylane during the first half, look forward to seeing some of you there

18. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    It looks like I won't make the viewing party after all...I'll be at Nacho Mama's until about 10.

Haha...even though it doesn't look like I'll make either event, at least I started the thread. ;) If nothing else, I'll see you dudes on the 22nd.

19. WillisSkullsVA

WillisSkullsVA New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Richmond Virginia
    Hey everybody....sorry I missed the viewing party totally skipped my mind which has been freaking out due to soccer/DCunited withdrawl....

so roll call...who is driving/going to the game on Tuesday and could I meet you guys in F-burg again (Wa Wa is cool with me) and catch a ride from there....we need some force to promote the Richmond game and the antics that will follow....Willis

20. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Oh! I sent Pedro a text yesterday to tell him this, but I was walking through Carytown yesterday and there's a banner up on the side of a building advertising the match against the Kickers! I got really stoked because there's a picture of Ben Olsen, hehe. :)

I'll definitely be seeing you dudes the 22nd if not before then.

21. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont mind driving, but would rather not. Rich can we take the subaru?

Pedro

22. RedUfc

RedUfc New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Richmond
    I'm a friend of Brian Barnes and can drive to the game. Of course gas cash & Brian said he'd have his parking pass. I'd like to leave @ 4:30.
    Use this email address if interested - caspermarkj@yahoo.com

23. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can drive as well. I am down with getting out of town at 2 or 3, would rather sit in the parking lot than the highway. I think we are going to have enough for two cars (unless you have a van RedUfc) so we could have an early crew and a later crew. Can't wait for the game to get here.

Rough count:
    Me
    Pedro
    Willis
    Liz
    Brian
    Friend of Brian (RedUfc)

Anyone else?

24. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I call shot gun in Rich's car! there set. I thought Liz was out cause of work? Thanks for offering to drive "Friend of Brian" but we try to get to Lot 8 by 3:30 or 4, let alone leave here at 4:30. hope to meet you on Tuesday!

Pedro

25. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm still iffy...I want to go so badly but money and the fact that I'm scheduled to work the Willie Nelson show are big factors...I'll let you know as soon as I can! Of course, if I do go, I'd like to get there super early as always. :)

To the one who wants to leave at 4:30...doesn't the game start at 7ish? DC traffic sucks going in and out around 5, so you might want to leave earlier if you can!