View from the other side of North London

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by jumhed, Sep 26, 2003.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The charges laid down by the FA against Arsenal are pathetic. Only Keown and Lauren actually did anything physical, and even that was a big nothing. No wonder the Arse are feeling hard done by.

These knobheads at the FA are turning the game into a non-contact sport and its getting on my nerves. By all means, charge the Arse, but only when they do something seriously wrong for goodness sake!

2. soccerchick584

soccerchick584 New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    Omg, I actually agree with a Spurs fan for once. It's a miracle I tell you.

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A*senal deserve it, they've been taking the piss for years now. Shocking disciplinary record and I think a line has to be drawn here.

They're not being docked points, or having Paul Davis style bans. But I think for Keown and Lauren to be banned for about 3 games each at least would be a fair decision.

4. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    It says a lot when a Spurs fan talks about how the FA is shafting Arsenal! Props for your comments.

But if the FA pull off their latest sham in their on-going campaign against Arsenal, it's bad for the game as a whole. The Gunners shouldn't get off scot free, but I have to ask myself if Fortune doesn't get any mention for his cross body block on Lehman after the penalty was called, I don't see how anyone but possibly Lauren and Keown can be charged with anything.

5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I agree. I think Fortune should also have been red carded for his antics (he was already carrying a yellow if I am not mistaken - or should have been from an earlier incident, I can't remember clearly).

I don't like Spurs, but I respect them and their fans. I have always found them to be straight up folk, unlike ManU supporters.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Oh *#*#*#*# off. I hate it when people are like, OMG the world is coming to an end, a Man U and a Arsenal supporter agreed on something!!!!! When the Man U supporter lives in Mississippi, and the Arsenal Supporter lives in Nantucket, it really doesn't make a *#*#*#*#ing difference if you agree with each other. You're not their to witness the true rivalry.

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    "There", Double... the word is "there" :D

8. soccerchick584

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    I used to live in England smartass. I've been THERE and I've seen the rivalry.

9. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just make fun of him for living in Jersey.

Ludahai, Fortune did have an earlier yellow in the 90th min. I never saw a clear replay of what happened, but you could see Fortune charging into Lehmann. It went offscreen, but seemed like Lehmann was knocked down or just pushed off screen.

As for the FA charges, I can understand why Keown, Parlour and Lauren could be suspended. But why Lehmann? For pushing the linesman's arm away? Well, I guess time will tell.

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

It would be so easy for me to say, I was born in Queens smartass, born in Jamaica, I've been there and I've seen it. Which, actually, I was, and lived in Corona for a while. Make fun of me for living in one of the richest towns in the state? Wealth-smack?

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.......Englewood Cliffs is IN Jersey right?

Relax buddy, it was just a joke.

12. soccerchick584

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    I think The Double has something shoved up his ass as of late.

13. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

I would've capitalized IS instead of IN in that one.

14. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm.......you're right. Should I give it another shot?

Seriously though, it's not wealth-smack I was trying to bring. Just a friendly little shot. My dad actually used to own a restaurant out in Englewood Cliffs so I know what I remember about the area.