Vieri to quit Inter, to focus his spot on the azzurri

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by squadra_azzurri, Jun 28, 2005.

1. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Funny ????????

The Azzurri never meant that much to him before.

Remember his famous "injuries" just prior to qualification games !

Remember when he said he would rather play cricket than soccer !

3. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wtf? he never said anything about cricket, does he even know what cricket is? how dare you he says he doesnt care for the azzurri. WC02, that guy had the biggest heart on that azzurri team. he is the reason why there ws such thing as italy in WC02. Vieri is a very powerful striker. if you dont respect him, atleast dont take away the fact that he has done so much for the azzurri. i loved that guy during 02 and he was amazing. u cnt say he didnt care

4. chris86co

chris86co New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Gaeta & Boston
    If this is true....I like it.....the only reason why Italia has yet to have success in the recent years, is the increase in players selfishness and egotistical personas.....if he is doing this because he is too proud to admit he isn't going to start at Inter, than its bull ********....but maybe he wants one final shot at the WC.....I'd say he still has his work cut out for him if he wants to start over Cassano and Gilardino.... :cool:

5. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Read it and weep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rediff.com/sports/2003/nov/14foot.htm

6. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    I think it has everything to do with this...

7. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good points.

Hey, you are in Gaeta??? I grew up there!!!

8. chris86co

chris86co New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Gaeta & Boston
    I've lived in USA all my life...however, I just got back from Gaeta...all my family is from there.... I have tons of Cousins, Uncles, Aunts, etc. who still live there....its a beautiful place, with great culture...

Forza Juve

9. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good stuff. I'm going back in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to hit Serapo beach and Gaeta Vecchia for some gelato.

10. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't understand this move. He has not been a factor on the national side for over a year, but was still able to made some contributions to his club this past season. Sounds like a PR stunt. IMHO, he has no chance to make Azzurri for WC06.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree. In his role, bar injury, Gilardino has cemented his place. A few decent game by Gila at national level and he will be our golden place which means that Vieri will be out of the mix. As is, there is no reason to call him up when Toni is a better striker at this point.

12. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Gila,Toni, Cassano, Montella, maybe even Miccoli are all better than Vieri at this point in time.

13. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vieri, Inzaghi and Del Piero all have to have a top notch season to be even considered for WC2006.

Wouldn't it be funny if they finish 1,2,3 in the scoring race and give Lippi no choice but to bring them along. :D

14. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inzaghi, please. Why can't we just get over Vieri, DP, and Inzaghi. We have Montella, Gila, Cassano, Toni, Esposito, and Miccoli. More than enough.

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you shouldn't say that. Everyone knows that he has a decent chance for being called up to the azzurri. If there are 6 spots of forwards on the team, its a great chance he can be called up. Vieri is sending Lippi a messege saying hey look at me i am sacrificing my club that i have been at for a long time now. also not only is he sacrifycing his club at inter, but also a factor that most players play soccer. MONEY. he is even giving up soccer just to be at this one tournament. its up to lippi if he wants to take him now.

anyways guys, i wont be on bigsoccer for two weeks, i am going to italy tomorrow with my soccer team :D so keep on posting. ttyl.

16. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i agree. out with old in with the knew

17. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If I just read the previous posts in this thread alone, it appears that "everyone" knows that he doesn't have a very good chance at wearing the national shirt for WC06.

You're partially right. He is sending Lippi a message, but the message is "Hey, I have sucked on the national side for a while now, and am desperate for another shot, because all things being equal, I have no chance at beating out the current stable of forwards you have available to you."

Let me get this right...He will be preparing for the greatest football tournament on the planet, by making the sacrifice of no longer playing football.

Sorry Squadra. I respect your thoughts, but totally disagree. Bobo may get a courtesy call up for the Azzurri at some time, but the reality of his situation is that neither Inter nor Italia will miss him next year.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    In light of Vieri's statement, I would like to announce that I have quit my firm's team to concentrate more fully on my career with the Azzurri.

19. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great. We'll expect more posts from you on the Italy boards
    then. ;)

20. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004

No i really think Del PIero had more hear than Vieri if vieri had more heart than he would have put away that goal in korea the one where he was like a meter away and botched it up high. Del Piero on the other hand gave his all in the matter of 10 minutes against mexico and took us to the next round

21. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    MOntella is by no means new, plus id rather have Del Piero or Vieri than Montella. The guy missed so many chances this year and never showed up when it mattered for his team. When was the last time he scored a goal. I also say out with MIccolli the guy is a total cry baby and Juve will probably loan him out to a serie b team.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The goal against Mexico was an easy tap-in with his head. Buffon would've put it in.

23. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Getting to the "easy tap in" was the difficult part.

He had to time it well enough to get past the defence and not be offside.

great goal !!!!!!!!!!

24. TommasoD

TommasoD New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Del Piero had his change to be the hero. Twice against France, where he had to brilliant opportunities but failed to register a shot on goal.

He also had his chance in Euro 2004 when Totti was suspended and failed to lead the Azzurri past the first round.

Move on..... We now have Cassano and Gilardino. Let's put our hopes in them.