Vieri in 18 months time?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by aussie_ascoli, Jan 12, 2006.

1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    If this move to Monanco does not work out, in 18 months time could we see Vieri in the A-league? Australia is really his second home, he's 32 and if France goes bad, Sydney FC might have a another marque player. HOPEFULLY.

2. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    Maybe when he's 36, not 32.

3. teddles

teddles New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Sydney
    How many Marque players can Syd FC have. Maybe another A team should sign him like Melbourne. I hear they might be losing a striker:D

4. Champagne Football

Champagne Football New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    If Archie Thompson stays at PSV beyond the 6 month trial period, we'll need another striker to fill in for a couple of years before Mark Viduka comes back to play for Melbourne Victory, so maybe we can offer Vieri a temporary home.:rolleyes:
    I'm sure we can scrape together as much money as the likes of Monaco, AC Milan, Inter, etc....not!:p

BTW, to answer your original question, each A-League club can have one marquee player on their list whose salary can be beyond the salary cap. (but since you're in Sydney, you should know that.)

5. Ragnarok14

Ragnarok14 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Queensland
    Only chance of him coming here will be if he has a wife or something thats wants to live here, otherwise he can make tons in the middle east.

6. football-dave

football-dave New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Japan
    That is some funny ********! What makes you think he would play for Sydney or any other A-league team. :D

7. FAR-QUE

FAR-QUE New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    his father played for Marconi
    his brother played for Australia
    should i go on?

8. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    He lived and went to school in Australia. For a few years.
    He loves the game of cricket, his hero is alan border.
    He's got a resturant in Sydney.
    He speaks english.

9. football-dave

football-dave New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Japan
    Ok then. Its bound to happen.

Im sure he has restaurants all over the world. Continued his education elsewhere. Um.. Cricket can be found other places. should I go on?

Trust me I would love people his ability to further thier careers down-under, but I wont go and purchase me vieri sydney top just yet.

10. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Bobo answered this question today on SBS.

When asked, he said he was going to live in New York & Miami when he retires after this WC, as he had a shirt company business that he was going to grow in that American market.

Sorry guys, unless he changes his mind (possible) then he'll not come anywhere near AUS to play football.

11. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Can someone give a run down of this interview? I missed it.

12. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
  13. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Metro Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I hope he comes over to the States and play's for either Chicago or New York. He stated in the article he would like to play in the US due to his shirt co. interest. I wont' believe anything till I see it though. What is this shirt company he was talking about??

14. gscott12

gscott12 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    not only does he speak english, he speaks australian

15. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    LOL. Americans won't be able to understand him when he speaks, then. :D

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard him speak english many times and speaks with an italian accent. You'd never know he lived in Australia for a portion of his life.

17. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Sounded very much an Aussie to me in his interview, yesterday (my time). :)

18. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    He probably sounds like the Aussie Italians that cme here in the 60's like my dad. They've got the Italian accent, but you can easily pick the aussie accent in their. And like my dad he probably uses the thickest aussie words constantly.

Fair dinkum.
    Top bloke he is.
    Good onya Bobo. You little rippa.

19. Champagne Football

Champagne Football New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    You must be joking!! That was the most noticeable thing about the interview on Sunday. I have heard him interviewed before and knew he spoke English with an Australian accent, but this was a much longer interview. Yes, he speaks with an Italian accent also, but it's the accent of a person from Italy who has lived in Australia for several years, such as my father-in-law or my friends' parents. It wasn't just a few words, he spoke like someone who lives here and he sounded very comfortable speaking English.

Maybe you just don't know what an Aussie accent sounds like!:p (To us it was obvious!)

He deserves the nickname "Aussie Christian" that he gets sometimes in the newspapers here when we try to latch onto some sort of tenuous link and take some credit for his successes!;)