Vieira gone this time?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by martymarts, Jul 9, 2005.

1. reasoner

reasoner BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    I share most of what's written in the article quoted. Came into forum wanting to quote same like you.

I see no bumpy ride and I have firm beliefs as had always voicing them that an Arsenal without Vieira will be for the better.

2. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    If you wonder about Moses, you haven't seen the Pharao yet!

I thought Fergie and Glazers were the jokers of this summer. Signing Park to cure their ailing squad. Hey! What do you know? Wenger's off loading Vieira is off the hook.

What is it with English teams and young players. English teams don't know how to live enough for today. Look at Milan, they signed a 32 years old Vieri. If Milan meet Arsenal in CL, can Kolo Toure and Sendoros stop Vieri and Sheva? Look at how happy Juve are by signing Vieira. They gave him a five years contract. On the other hand Arsenal are having a fit on Pires and Sol's ages.

It is all good Wenger, break the team, and build your under 20 years team. Only last season Henry was complaining of playing with inexperienced players.
    Here is Zani's problem though. When Chelsea retain the title this coming December, Wenger should not be whinning about Chelsea's money.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see someone's back from Summer Camp.

4. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

ZANI do you have a blog? If so, please pass along the url.

5. Heff

Heff New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Relegation Battle
    I agree. What the §$%&/ is wenger doing. Vieria had an off season didnt play well.....so. Look how he has turned this club around from the dark years befoe he came. We were struggling to get into europe only by the cup winners cup did we succeed. However Vierias emergence as a quality midfielder brought us to new heights and a start of a golden era.

Vieria being sold is a major mistake by wenger and he needs to buy some one BIG or we are in trouble next season. The fact we have cesc anfd flamini is ok in the next say 3-4years they will come good but at this moment we need experience and PV4 had that.

Wenger what are you doing? We didnt need the money and PV4 is only 29 years old! :mad:

6. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Without being rude,.... no sorry it is a bit rude, but don't you think that Wenger might know a bit more about the situation than you, given that you don't even know how to spell the players name...

Look at all the 'irreplaceable' players who've left in the last 10 years, and yet we've grown as a club...

Wright,Adams,Anelka,Overmars,Petit,and then players like Keown, Winterburn, Dixon etc. Vieira was brilliant for us, but we will survive and prosper without him...

7. Heff

Heff New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Relegation Battle

Im sorry without being rude ive prob followed arsenal longer then you and considering your location is coventry then I know alittle more then you about my club. Im from london and I live 10 mins from the ground. The fact that I spelt Vieira's name wrong has nothing to do with me not giving my opinion about the club I love. We will prosper without Vieira and we have a bright future but Im allowed my opinion and I feel we should not have sold Vieria. So please.

8. Danathon

Danathon New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Whilst I respect both of your opinions, i don't think location means anything. You can be born five minutes from the club and then move away, you could live five minutes away and not give a toss about it. You could even end up supporting sperms. Does that mean that someone living an extra five minutes closer knows more than you? Heck im living in Thailand now and I know a hell of a lot about the club.

Point is, that man knows a thing or two about the club. That man Wenger that is. If we win the title next year then we can all say what a good job he did in selling Vieira. If we go trophyless it doesn't mean that having Vieira in the squad would have changed that fact. But whoever he buys, and i'm expecting one more big signing, I think he is the best person to make the decision about it and I'll bet you two and a half squirrels that Wenger wasn't born ten minutes from the stadium.

Would be interesting to see where baptista would play if we came since to my mind he plays in the same position the Hleb does, i.e the supporting striker/playmaker. Any suggestions how you would fit both in the same team?

9. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

It's one of my pet hates when people misspell Arsenal players names, sorry, but I feel that people that take an interest in their club, ought to know stuff like that and Vieira's name is about the most wrongly spelt name in the PL. Just for info, I've been an Arsenal fan for far too long, I actually moved to Coventry 19 years ago ( :eek: ) to further my education (HAHA!), bought a house or 2 and stayed here ever since.

Somewhere else on here I've writen about my concern when Wenger sold Merson. I thought that was it, i didn't see how we would compete without him, our only really creative/ flair player... how wrong I was. Wenger has pretty much single handedly kept this club at the very top for nearly a decade now, and laid the foundations, (and the 1st floor) to allow us to stay there for decades...
    BTW If you want to go farther back, I remember wondering how we'd replace Jennings, who'd seemed invicible to me at that time. Arsenal will survive, and prosper...

10. Heff

Heff New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Relegation Battle
    I spelt Vieira's name wrong only in this thread mate. Never usually do. I agree that we will prosper but I feel its the wrong time to sell PV4. Thats all!

11. Heff

Heff New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Relegation Battle
    I think Hleb should move onto the right wing as Ive seen him play there for stuttgart and he does a good job there. Im not confident we will buy Baptistia as he has said that he would like to go to barca. I hope he signs for us though as we have missed out on Robinho

12. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Fair enuff, I thought you seemed to be saying that Vieira was responsible for dragging us out of the 'dark years' and into 'the golden era', and that by selling him we'll have a poor season, whereas my point is that Wenger is pretty much responsible for all of it, (obviously with backing from the players and the board ;) )

Vieira went because he wanted to. Simple as. Wenger has managed to keep him for a few years when other managers may have lost him, but for various reasons, enough is enough...