Vieira gone this time?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by martymarts, Jul 9, 2005.

1. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    29 and 2 years left on his contract, I can't see the board offering more than an extra 2 years? Perhaps a move away would net him a 5 or even 6 year deal? This could be the last chance to get a decent fee for him and it does appear that the club is willing to talk to Juve; or perhaps Paddy is using this to wind up the ante before sitting down to neg an extension?

What does everyone think, or is this just a thread too far, on a topic that has been running for too darn long?

2. gunnerdude11

gunnerdude11 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    den haag-for now
    The Sunday Herald is reporting that PV4 will be gone by the end of the week for 12 million pounds. I can't say i really believe it, but with that said, who would replace him? Both as dominating midfielder and as el capitan. The Herald suggests that we are going for Lyon's Dialla. I don't know, but what do you thing? If he really does go, who steps up?

3. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    oh he's replaceable just leave it to wenger.

4. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12 million pounds for Vieira? WTF?!!?!??!! He's our fricken captain for crying out loud! How's that going to look to the other players?

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    If you could sell Vieira for 25 mil pounds or so, it would be a very tidy bit of business. That being said, you're more likely to get around 18/19 mil for him, which is still quite a bit for a 29 year old. I'm just wondering why he'd want to go back to Italy.

6. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Seems the same every year. I won't believe it until the papers are signed and he's gone.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree.

Also 12 million is a JOKE! He is worth about 20....he is our captain and a damn fine player. We paid about 17 for Reyes.....someone who hasn't won a WC, The Double, and been one of the best players in the EPL. Where is the logic? Oh yeah, I forgot we are talking about football....where logic is absent.

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe a new challenge/change of scenery...or how about Serie A is not as physical as the EPL and he is thinking about extending his career.....or finally maybe he was thinking about coming full circle to prove to Italy, "look how I have grown into a star player."

Who knows?

9. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know if you remember last year when he was off to Real Madrid is was supposed to be a done deal and he was off and it never happened. So we will just have to see.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, I remember all right....Stress 101. PV4 is 1 of my fav Gunners.

11. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    *Yawn* Wake me up when it's all over. *Yawn*

12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with IORP and Pryz.....I'll believe it when Vieira is actually pulling on the shirt of [whatever team].

13. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Very true. Apparently Real are interested again... no surprise to me. When he's gone I'll believe but right now its still just another Vieira summer transfer saga...

14. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, this is exactly why I got HENRY 14 on my shirt for a second time instead of trying someone like RP7, or, more to the point PV4.

15. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    I am in the camp that we CAN sell Vieira and be fine... however, i dont want it to happen. Just hearing these rumours about Owen being used in a bait n switch with real.. could we use Owen assuming the Baptista rumours.. ya know what.. these are all rumours... ill speculate once we actually do something.. lol

16. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    al'right dave ?
    I'm with what people are saying, I'm meh, if he leaves now, he's at the right age and the right price for it and if it's what he wants, the one last big pay day that he'll never get here then okay. Do I want to see him end his career at Arsenal ? yes I do and I don't want him to go either. But if he wants to then all the more money for the Wright-Phillips coffers.
    It's confusing. What better time then now ? but none of us want to see him go. Arsene will show us the way.

17. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take my refuge in Arsene, I take my refuge in Arsene's teachings, I take my refuge among the followers of Arsene.

18. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LOL Yeah I hate to say it but I think if you get an RvP shirt it may need stripes.

19. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, looks like this might not be as bad as originally thought....still a lot of questions to be answered.

Btw, have to take issue with your avatar.....Paris Hilton is a no-talent ho but Paris, the city, is an amazing place.

20. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not to worry...i rarely keep an avatar for more than 24 hrs.

Paris the city? Never been there. This one just cracked me up. There was another that almost made me fall off the chair it was so funny. Definitely for a man though...it said, "I CAME IN EILEEN" get it? ya know the song..."Come on Eileen..." LMAO

21. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
    Sell him for 20 mil, Im tired of this soap opera.

Bring in Diarra, finish up with Baptista.

Spend the leftover cash on Isakson/Distin/Sagnol or bring in a youth i.e. Nasri (in a miracle, doubtfully possible) Merstacker(who wants to come here) etc.

22. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm....no.

23. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought we were safe this summer without all the Vieira drama but apparently I am wrong. According to Yahoo Vieira has requested an audience with Wenger to find out if he is in or out..... :rolleyes:
    I am with the contingent that doesn't believe any of the rumors until I see him in another teams kit.....

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The very fact that he allows all of this crap to impact on your pre-season every year, added to his pitiful performances over the last season, would be the last straw for me. Slap him on the transfer list. He is expendable.

25. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Teso, you're slipping back to your old ways,

I dont think any of his team mates will believe this story...

His performances whilst not up to his normal v.v.v.high standards, have been better than the majority of the players in the PL...

He is not expendable at all, and I'm just happy that we have Monsieur Wenger in charge at Highbury and not Mr Bichos