Viduka

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, Nov 9, 2003.

1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Since he and Peter Reid seem to be having a fall out at Leeds, do you think there is any way Arsenal will try and get him? I'm not sure what the budget for the January transfer window is, but I'm sure we could get him at a bargin.

2. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Why oh why do i bother....Any thoughts as to why they've fallen out in the first place? Could it be down to Viduka displaying his now legendary unprofessional attitude? I really do wonder about some people when they keep trumpeting causes like this.

Check steve glieber's Arsenal forum. There has been quite abit of discussion about this particular muppet. And the census is......no freaking way! Shocking attitude, zero loyalty, work-rate and totally unprofessional. Viduka has been described as a cancer in the dressing room several times over the past few weeks by ex-professionals.

Leave it alone!

3. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Yeah, I agree. We're sitting at the top right now in large part to playing together as a team. I'm very hesitant to bring a guy like Viduka in in midseason. If we can get someone who's a little less of a headcase, maybe I'd go for it. But let's wait and see where we are in December before even thinking about any moves.

4. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Me and Ray danced the fandango around this argument already and I thought I'd won it? Viduka would be worth having on loan and seeing if AW can work his magic on him. However, I'd be suprised if Leeds will now be interested in a loan deal, their so strapped for cash, they'll need a straight sale.

We don't have any cash to gamble, but, on the other hand, we don't appear to have the readies to buy anyone pukka?

Then again will Leeds really let Viduka go right now? Another couple of defeats and Peter Reid will be on his way. Wouldn't they wait till a replacement comes on board before restructuring any further?

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Leeds is so badly strapped for cash that I wouldn't be surprised if the club will be in perilous condition should they be relegated, which at this point looks like a 80/20 proposition.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Amen, brother.

I couldn't have said it better. Viduka, while having some scoring ability, has been non-existent this season. Leeds Utd has the plague right now and you never bring a person with the plague into your home......NEVER!

7. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Wouldn't this be about bad as Anelka coming back!? We'll be just fine without that big Aussie bastard. He even looks like a prick.

8. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Well said that man. LOL

9. CraigN

CraigN New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Scotland
    Viduka = bad news

10. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Reid got the sack today anyway, so any bad blood between he and Viduka is kind of a moot point now.

11. juice013

juice013 New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Toronto
    I would rather see the club go after someone like Eto'o or Oliver Kapo. I read somewhere that he's out of contract in the summer, so he shouldn't be too pricey. I like Saha also, but I'm not sure if he'll be available or not, especially with Fulham fairly high in the table and looking to challenge for a European spot. Some other players I would take over Viduka would be Kezman, Cisse, and I'm sure there are a lot more that I can't think of right now.

12. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    A lot of people were talking in the same way when we were linked with Kewell in the summer, and he's been Liverpool's best player this season!!! Of course there are other players better than Viduka, but, how many would have come without a transfer fee? Patrick Kluivert for 1.5m quid would be a much bigger nightmare than Viduka!

We've taken a risk on troubled players before and it's paid off handsomely. Both Bergkhamp and Henry came to Arsenal after poor spells in Italy. Slightly different, but we bought Kanu after a heart op! AW has built our success on picking up under-performing players for modest fees.

The fact is, Viduka has the ability to be a top striker. He scored 20 EPL goals for a very poor Leeds side last season; a feat that a lot of rated forwards did not achieve with much better teams supporting them. On top of that, his style of play is exactly what we are looking for, to compliment the awesome talents of TH14.

If we could have secured a loan deal, I don't see what all the big fuss is about. Either Arsene would have used his legendary man-management skills to get the best out of Viduka or he wouldn't. If yes, then we have a cheap short term solution to our problems up front, if no then we've paid his wages for 5 months, but, not spent a dime of transfer cash that we haven't got!!! Anyway, as has already been mentioned, the whole issue is probably moot now.

As to Anelka! Has he not matured and playing great football for Man City or did I just dream that?

Come on you Gunners!!!

13. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I don't necessarily disagree, Marty, with your analysis of Viduka's potential or of Arsene's potential to make him a star. What I'm saying is that, without outstanding squad chemistry, this club is probably a mid-table team, because, as talented as they are, Arsenal is not deep and still has a number of gaping holes (though the one at the back is much smaller now...THANK YOU, KOLO!). You throw in all the controversy that swirls around this club and you get a potential for disaster. But credit the resolve of the club, because they have dealt with more adversity in the first few months than most clubs do in a season and are still at the top of the table. I don't really want to screw with that kind of chemistry right now, even though I, too, think that Viduka has potential. I just don't want his attitude to drag everyone else down.

14. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Viduka is not one of the Leeds Laddo's, up on charges for drunken brawling. He seems to be deeply dissatified with where he is. Is that really so suprising with the way this team has fallen apart over the last few years? Don't forget it's not that long since they were serious title contenders.

So it boils down to whether or not Viduka is naturally a disruptive a-hole or long past is sell by date with this shambolic club? I can't answer that one!

Come on you Gunners!!!

15. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    Ill chime in and say this.. STAY FAR AWAY FROM VIDUKA!! fat, overrated, selfish, lazy c*nt~
    You don't bring cancer to a dressing room.. period~

phishy

16. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Nice to have everything clarified by some objective and analytical plain speaking??? Thanks for the voluble, if not valuable contribution Phishy!

17. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003